C PAP water

1 hour ago, TNMIKE said:

is c pap water available on the ships for purchase ?   QTS in a few days.  or do i need to bring on board ? 

I also use a CPAP machine. Fill out the form but don't be nervous if they dont have the water for you right away. On the first day meet your room attendant and remind him/her that you need distilled water and an extension cord and they will make sure they bring it to you at NO COST by the time they turn down your bed that evening. 

13 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

I also use a CPAP machine. Fill out the form but don't be nervous if they dont have the water for you right away. On the first day meet your room attendant and remind him/her that you need distilled water and an extension cord and they will make sure they bring it to you at NO COST by the time they turn down your bed that evening. 

What bugs me is they always bring a gallon of it and I never ever came close to using it all...Seems like a big waste.  wished they had smaller sizes

I can confirm both what @Matt and @AGSLC5 have said.

Fill out the form and bring it up with your stateroom attendant if it is not already there. There is no need to lug a gallon of water on board. You'll have it provided to you during the evening servicing of your stateroom.

FYI: Be prepared to have a very heavy and very long extension cord provided if needed. LOL Since you are on QoTS, you may not need the cord however. Our Odyssey stateroom had an outlet on what just happened to be "my side" of the bed.

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

What bugs me is they always bring a gallon of it and I never ever came close to using it all...Seems like a big waste.  wished they had smaller sizes

I agree I never use it all either lol especially when I am on a short 3 nighter 

2 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

I never use it all, either.  But, they probably buy distilled water in bulk and it's cheaper by the gallon, I'm guessing.  They could poor the water out into smaller sized dispensers, for delivery to your cabin, just to eliminate waste.  BUT, I don't want anything to go into my medical devices that has been opened and/or not in it's original container.  I want to be the one to break the seal.  

About 3 years ago I bought an AirMini CPAP. Insurance won't pay for it, as it's considered a luxury. It was about $650. However, it's less than half the size of my AirSense 10. It also doesn't use water. It has a replaceable ring that you insert into the tube, and it somehow pulls in moisture from the air. Whenever I travel now, whether a car trip or a cruise, it's what I take. You may still need to ask for an extension cord, depending on where the outlets are. Our last cruise on Symphony, there was an outlet next to the bed.

2 hours ago, Cruiser58 said:

About 3 years ago I bought an AirMini CPAP. Insurance won't pay for it, as it's considered a luxury. It was about $650. However, it's less than half the size of my AirSense 10. It also doesn't use water. It has a replaceable ring that you insert into the tube, and it somehow pulls in moisture from the air. Whenever I travel now, whether a car trip or a cruise, it's what I take. You may still need to ask for an extension cord, depending on where the outlets are. Our last cruise on Symphony, there was an outlet next to the bed.

That "Airmini" sounds great. But, it's between $880.00 and $999.00.  And like you said, insurance, in my case Medicare/Tricare, won't pay for it.  I may start saving my pennies for my wife to get one.  Her Phillips CPAP has been on recall for about a year, she was told not to use it. and we just got an email from Phillips that they are behind (well duh) and it may take up to an additional year to fulfill the recall.  

It's funny how when you are given a sleep study and it's determined that you need a CPAP "IMMEDIATELY", hurry and get it done, they said, hurry you are in danger of a heart attach, they said, hurry your effecting your spouse, they said. 

Now that insurance money isn't involved:

My Wife and I both use CPAPs. We never use the whole gallon. I bought a 12' TV extension cord that fits the CPAP power adapter so no more need for an extension cord. We also bring a multi-plug adapter for the since there is usually only a single power outlet beside the bed on one side.

54 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

That "Airmini" sounds great. But, it's between $880.00 and $999.00.  And like you said, insurance, in my case Medicare/Tricare, won't pay for it.  I may start saving my pennies for my wife to get one.  Her Phillips CPAP has been on recall for about a year, she was told not to use it. and we just got an email from Phillips that they are behind (well duh) and it may take up to an additional year to fulfill the recall.  

It's funny how when you are given a sleep study and it's determined that you need a CPAP "IMMEDIATELY", hurry and get it done, they said, hurry you are in danger of a heart attach, they said, hurry your effecting your spouse, they said. 

Now that insurance money isn't involved:

I'm sorry to hear the problems y'all are having. I just looked on Lofta, where I purchased mine. I was shocked they've gone up so much! Glad I got mine when I did.

3 hours ago, 10-42 said:

I just got my Phillips recall replacement a few weeks ago.  It is an older unit than what I sent to them.   Presumably they will now refurbish the one I returned and maybe your wife will end up with it.   I think mine was prioritized due to me using the So-clean ozone cleaner.  

I normally dont use the humidifier here in Texas and only bring it when going to a dry climate place.   I had not planned to bring it with me to the Alaska cruise since I figured it would also be humid there but recently just went on a work trip to Fairbanks and was wishing I had the humidifier so maybe Alaska is not so humid after all. 

11 minutes ago, Ken Edgar said:

I just got my Phillips recall replacement a few weeks ago.  It is an older unit than what I sent to them.   Presumably they will now refurbish the one I returned and maybe your wife will end up with it.   I think mine was prioritized due to me using the So-clean ozone cleaner.  

I normally dont use the humidifier here in Texas and only bring it when going to a dry climate place.   I had not planned to bring it with me to the Alaska cruise since I figured it would also be humid there but recently just went on a work trip to Fairbanks and was wishing I had the humidifier so maybe Alaska is not so humid after all. 

My wife and I both use a CPAP.  We contacted Phillips on the same call, the same time.  Our confirmation numbers are only a few digits apart, if that means anything.  I got my new CPAP, yes, new and a newer model just a few months after the recall was announced.  Calling the, so called, Phillips information phone number is anything but an information phone number.  The people that answer the phone can only tell you that there is a recall going on and that Phillips is working hard to fulfill the recall requirements or word to that effect.  It just pisses me off.  Don't know what else I can do.  Apparently, this is a voluntary recall so there is little to no government involvement.  Which is probably a good thing, the government screws up thing worse anyway.  So, we will hurry up and wait, I guess.

On 5/9/2022 at 2:40 PM, KevinJ said:

My Wife and I both use CPAPs. We never use the whole gallon. I bought a 12' TV extension cord that fits the CPAP power adapter so no more need for an extension cord. We also bring a multi-plug adapter for the since there is usually only a single power outlet beside the bed on one side.

You wouldn’t happen to have a link to the cord you bought would you? My husband and I also both have CPAP (him an airsense 10 and me an 11). Not looking forward to having two extension cords at night, something like this might help.