Housekeeping and Streaming Questions

tizziea

First time cruiser with two basic questions:

1) Since covid, is daily housekeeping performed? Mostly looking to know if beds are made daily while out of the room? I've found most hotels have completely done away with this and miss that fresh bed feeling haha

2) I purchased the streaming internet package - is it strong enough to stream Spotify or a movie service like Hulu?

The ship internet will make you appear to be in the US however some smart phone apps will use the device GPS to determine your location.  This is where a laptop can have an advantage since most laptop don't have GPS chips and rely on the internet address to determine location.  

On a ship I can't watch sports on my phone using ESPN+ because it can see I am not in the US but I can watch ESPN+ on my laptop on board without any issues.   No VPN required.

I’ve been downloading movie and tv shows to watch when traveling for years.  No need for an internet connection, guaranteed to work, just delete when you’re done with it.  Can’t get a sporting event that happens after you leave home, but for shows and movies it works every time. Worth a try if you just want some stuff to watch to fill time.

On 4/24/2022 at 6:31 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

I’ve been downloading movie and tv shows to watch when traveling for years.  No need for an internet connection, guaranteed to work, just delete when you’re done with it.  Can’t get a sporting event that happens after you leave home, but for shows and movies it works every time. Worth a try if you just want some stuff to watch to fill time.

Same here!  Works like a charm and so easy to do. I just start looking at what I want to download the week before we leave.  I always have more stuff downloaded that what I actually take time to watch; however, I would rather have stuff to chose from.