Welcome to the CRUISEVERSE

Sounds like Royal has something very interesting brewing in regards to the metaverse. The trademark suggests they are potentially working in a virtual cruise experience where you can buy virtual food, drinks, and entertainment 🤯 You'd then earn rewards towards actual cruises.  This is not confirmation that they are going through with it, but at least interested in the concept. Check the trademark category description.

Screenshot_20220219-110535_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

It’ll be interesting to see how this type of thing plays out. It looks like Disney is having some “issues” with the Star Wars Galactic Cruiser experience, which is essentially a land based cruise.

Other issues besides the $6000 they want in their basic cabin for 4 people for 45 hours.  🤢  I can spread the 4 over 2 ocean balcony cabins for a 7 night Oasis for $4400.  Disney has gotten greedy lately - and I say that as a DVC member. 

Royal does a lot of trademark filings and most turn into nothing.  Sometimes these filings are done for competitive reasons such as to establish their position before a competitor can file.

Last year Royal trademarked "America's Cruise Line" when Carnival began using that slogan in the media.  If only they had trademarked "Funderstruck" we would all be saved from seeing those commercials on TV.  

I wouldn't read too much into a trademark filing.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Royal does a lot of trademark filings and most turn into nothing.  Sometimes these filings are done for competitive reasons such as to establish their position before a competitor can file.

Last year Royal trademarked "America's Cruise Line" when Carnival began using that slogan in the media.  If only they had trademarked "Funderstruck" we would all be saved from seeing those commercials on TV.  

I wouldn't read too much into a trademark filing.

Lest we forget "SeaFace"