Cancel Air2Sea add-ons before cancel the cruise?

Zurc

Hi! rethinking my cruise from Barbados.  We have air and airport transfers booked for the first time using Air2Sea - do I need to call them and cancel those arrangements, before I call Royal to cancel the cruise?

Thanks so much for the help and advice. 

Edited by Zurc
Fixed title

You should inquire about fees related to canceling the air portion before canceling the cruise.  In some cases they can be waived but depending on timing the airline fees are passed through.

If you just cancel the cruise the airlines fees automatically process through (If you are past final payment due date).  It never hurts to ask if they can be waived, but do that before canceling the cruise.

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

You should inquire about fees related to canceling the air portion before canceling the cruise.  In some cases they can be waived but depending on timing the airline fees are passed through.

If you just cancel the cruisethe airlines fees automatically process through.  It never hurts to aks if they can be waived, but do that before canceling the cruise.

Thank you for the advice.  Would that be asking the Air2Sea phone number, and not ROyal CS ?

In my experience, yes you need to cancel flights before the cruise…however if you are past the pay in full date there may be a $215 fee per ticket.  If cancelling with CWC that fee should be waived…mine was but it was in March 2020 when I used the CWC!  Not sure whether rules are the same so my advice (like the others) is to call Air2Sea.

I have a similar experience.  Recently we cancelled 8 cruises (Dec 2021 - March 2022) due to COVID protocols.  We received a cash refund for everything BUT on NY day (strange that they were working that day !) I received 2 FCC's for $200 each.  They were associated with our Grandeur cruise from Barbados (2-20-22) which had been among the cruises that were cancelled/refunded.  I was perplexed b/c that $$ didn't make any sense.  Of course, I ran crying to @michellewho has handled all of this (what a mess, too !!) for me.  She has concluded that those FCC's are most likely due to the cancelled airfare (A2S) that was associated with that reservation.  She is trying to get them cashed out but we haven't heard back about it yet.  So maybe it would have been better if we had cancelled the A2S air portion of this reservation before we cancelled the actual cruise reservation.  ....but, alas, we did not.  We'll see what happens.

• Zurc changed the title to Cancel Air2Sea add-ons before cancel the cruise?
4 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

In my experience, yes you need to cancel flights before the cruise…however if you are past the pay in full date there may be a $215 fee per ticket.  If cancelling with CWC that fee should be waived…mine was but it was in March 2020 when I used the CWC!  Not sure whether rules are the same so my advice (like the others) is to call Air2Sea.

Thanks, I was before final payment (thanks to the final due 30 day before sail date), so no penalties were assessed.    Very pleased with A2S customer service.

14 minutes ago, Zurc said:

Thanks, I was before final payment (thanks to the final due 30 day before sail date), so no penalties were assessed.    Very pleased with A2S customer service.

Lucky!  I'm waiting to hear what, if any penalties, for my Air2Sea cancellation that was inside of full payment. (travel agent just did this cancellation the other day)  Had I booked directly with the airline I would have gotten airline credit.  I'm rethinking my next Air2Sea to ensure I cancel with enough time to recoup my cost and book directly with the airline.