Cancelled Covid tests

0_0

Just had 3 of 8 scheduled Covid tests (rapid PCR) get cancelled by CVS. Did my due diligence and scheduled them 2 weeks out and got everything squared away. Now I’m scrambling to find alternative testing sites in the area. Doesn’t help that 0 testing sites are giving tests on 12/31 or 01/01 (I checked all of them weeks ago when appointments opened). Cruise boards on 01/03.

Also, we can’t do the proctored tests because we have unvaccinated kids under 12. Luckily only the adults got cancelled at this point. Really is a mess trying to get tested with the proper non-antigen test in the 1 day window for testing the holiday crams us into. Praying we get results back on time as there’s literally no room for error or other alternatives I can think of for our situation.

Got adult tests rescheduled. Just wanted to post this story to help others, might want to schedule a “backup” test. 🙄

I ordered a six pack of home proctored tests from eMed on Sunday. They arrived two days later on Tuesday. I was very surprised that they came so quickly. I cruise often and use CVS as my go-to test site. Like you, I always book early…so far I haven’t had an issue. But my back-up is the home test. Hopefully this helps others preparing for a future cruise needing Antigen tests.

On 12/29/2021 at 8:15 AM, BrianB said:

I ordered a six pack of home proctored tests from eMed on Sunday. They arrived two days later on Tuesday. I was very surprised that they came so quickly. I cruise often and use CVS as my go-to test site. Like you, I always book early…so far I haven’t had an issue. But my back-up is the home test. Hopefully this helps others preparing for a future cruise needing Antigen tests.

What are the expiration dates for emad kits showing now [ordered late dec we assume you did]?  We have 4 kits with expiration Jan 3rd...so no good for our Jan 23 Harmony cruise.  been putting off a new EMED order hoping their expiration dates will be extended [to reach our Celebrity cruise in March?].  Any info on this appreciated; thanx in advance.   

2 hours ago, LinRon2 said:

What are the expiration dates for emad kits showing now [ordered late dec we assume you did]?  We have 4 kits with expiration Jan 3rd...so no good for our Jan 23 Harmony cruise.  been putting off a new EMED order hoping their expiration dates will be extended [to reach our Celebrity cruise in March?].  Any info on this appreciated; thanx in advance.   

Is Jan 3 the date printed, or is that with the 3-month extension?

5 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Is Jan 3 the date printed, or is that with the 3-month extension?

Jan 3rd is the extension date [3 months added to original expiration date]. We'd like to know the expiration dates on the latest kits if we order now [jan 2022]. Also if the 3 months is added on latest dates, or those dates already adjusted for 12 months.  Feel we were burned once already ordering the 6 kits from EMED in August when expiration dates so close in [got us through one cruise though; but now have 4 worthless kits]. Oh well.  Before ordering again, any info anyone has on these expiration dates would be appreciated.  Would affect our decision to order through EMED [6 kits, but might not be efficable through March and our Celebrity cruise] or RCI [3 kits but a little more expensive]. .Thanks in advance. 

47 minutes ago, LinRon2 said:

Jan 3rd is the extension date [3 months added to original expiration date]. We'd like to know the expiration dates on the latest kits if we order now [jan 2022]. Also if the 3 months is added on latest dates, or those dates already adjusted for 12 months.  Feel we were burned once already ordering the 6 kits from EMED in August when expiration dates so close in [got us through one cruise though; but now have 4 worthless kits]. Oh well.  Before ordering again, any info anyone has on these expiration dates would be appreciated.  Would affect our decision to order through EMED [6 kits, but might not be efficable through March and our Celebrity cruise] or RCI [3 kits but a little more expensive]. .Thanks in advance. 

Check out this thread: 

CVS screwed us, too.

We had the appointment for a few weeks, and even got a confirmation the 

night before (Friday after Thanksgiving) we were due to test, and then Friday morning we received an 

e-mail telling us they cancelled.  I spent $200 and a had a lot of stress because

of them.  I paid the money, as I was determined that we were cruising, but I 

was (and still am) one PO'd hombre.

19 hours ago, LinRon2 said:

The first date is 12/22/2021…the date of production.

The expiration date is 11/21/2022. 

Also, my sister ordered a six pack a few days after I did and her tests all have the same dates.

Can someone help me understand please.  I am looking at the Optum and Emed websites. They both show a differently boxed test. Can someone verify the correct test to buy through Emed as they seem to have newer production dates available.

21 hours ago, LinRon2 said:

There is another thread with date info, but the tests I received yesterday are good until November 2022.  There is a label on the side of the shipping box (from Emed). The tests took 2 days from other date, and I just received this AM the message that my order was shipped.

4 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

There is another thread with date info, but the tests I received yesterday are good until November 2022.  There is a label on the side of the shipping box (from Emed). The tests took 2 days from other date, and I just received this AM the message that my order was shipped.