How to Reprice when cabins are full

Jwoody01

5 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I always track the categories surrounding my category.  If those drop then I call  my TA (or Royal direct, if  you booked direct) and they will check for you.

Thanks for your quick response.  when you say categories do you mean the type of room?  so for example if an ultra spacious isnt available I should keep an eye on the regular balcony rooms?

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yes, exactly. 

Awesome, thank you!  Any other tips on repricing I should be aware of (other than checking frequently)?  I called during black friday but in order to get the somewhat smaller price I had to change my reservation to a non-refundable.  it wasnt worth the $228 savings just for that.

3 hours ago, Jwoody01 said:

Awesome, thank you!  Any other tips on repricing I should be aware of (other than checking frequently)?  I called during black friday but in order to get the somewhat smaller price I had to change my reservation to a non-refundable.  it wasn't worth the $228 savings just for that.

From my experience (which i don't' have too much only have sailed with RCL since 2019). The only time I have ever received a price reduction was during a "WoW Sale". I think these sales are to sell out the unbooked cabins on sailings. I personally always look for those sales. I am going to keep my eyes peeled as I am booked on my third cruise with RCL next summer. Plus I would also be on the look out for any RCL cash back offers through credit cards. I know many in the community got lucky with amex offer earlier this year. 

It can be difficult in more unique cabins such as the ultra spacious balcony because there are not very many of them and they sell out quickly.  Just because a more common balcony category has dropped in price it does not mean that your balcony cabin will have dropped in price.  It might have dropped in price but probably not.  It never hurts to ask if your rate has dropped but don't expect a price drop just because a more common balcony cabin with many of them still available has dropped in price.  

Sometimes a quick phone call is all it takes although I do check the website almost everyday.  I saved money on my November Oasis balcony ocean view room 7 times after booking and 5 of those times were in the last month before we sailed!  We ended up sailing for less than half the price I had originally booked!  And about half was refunded as cash with the rest being OBC so it was awesome.

I always check the categories above what I have already booked. I do it not only looking to see if my sold out category has dropped…but to see if a higher category has dropped enough to make it attractive for me to pay a little more (relatively speaking) for an upgrade.
You can call Royal anytime and ask if your booked cabin has dropped in price. If, that is, you own the booking and can service it yourself. Otherwise, your TA should be doing that for you. It’s one of the main reasons for using a good TA.