Air2Sea: "What If Flight Issues"

CJS2766

Hello all,

We are sooooo looking forward to our cruise this Saturday on the Symphony. We are currently scheduled to arrive a day early on American Airlines through the Air2Sea program. Given the recent problems of SouthWest, I am hoping we have no issues at all with AA on Friday. 

My question is? On that off chance that something happens, what is the procedure to get to our destination asap? Do we work with AA or do you call Royal? I've never used the Air2Sea program. We just want to be prepared for anything that may happen.

Thanks all!

Carlos

Q

What support is provided if my flight purchased through Air2Sea is delayed or changed?

A

With our Air2Sea Assured Arrival program, we have a dedicated group of professionals in the Emergency Travel Team standing by to provide air re-accommodation, hotel and ground transportation if needed. Even though we monitor your flights, we ask that you check for the most updated information regarding the flights with the airline counter prior to contacting the Emergency Travel Team. The Emergency Travel team will work with you to find alternative flights. In some instances, same day viable flight options may not be available, and in those instances we accommodate you to the next available port where you may legally join the ship. This team is available to assist you 24/7 at 800-256-6649 (domestically) or 1-305-539-4107 (internationally).

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-happens-when-my-air2sea-flight-is-delayed-or-changed

I think the answer is "it depends"

If you booked through Air2Sea you could should really call Air2Sea. But you might get better/faster results working with the airline to change your flight, especially if you're right there at the gate talking to an agent.  The value of Air2Sea's guarantee really kicks in if there's a risk of not getting to the ship in time for departure.  I'd fear  the time it takes to get ahold of Air2Sea may risk losing out on the seats that everyone else is trying to snag.

16 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I think the answer is "it depends"

If you booked through Air2Sea you could should really call Air2Sea. But you might get better/faster results working with the airline to change your flight, especially if you're right there at the gate talking to an agent.  The value of Air2Sea's guarantee really kicks in if there's a risk of not getting to the ship in time for departure.  I'd fear  the time it takes to get ahold of Air2Sea may risk losing out on the seats that everyone else is trying to snag.

One thing to be cognizant of is the risk that, if things truly start going bad with many airlines, Air2Sea's guarantee may be useless. That's not necessarily their fault, but if there are 100,000 people trying to squeeze in 50,000 seats, and VIPs/frequent fliers come first, your odds are not great. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but just be aware that Air2Sea can't create new seats in a 737 🙂

26 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

One thing to be cognizant of is the risk that, if things truly start going bad with many airlines, Air2Sea's guarantee may be useless. That's not necessarily their fault, but if there are 100,000 people trying to squeeze in 50,000 seats, and VIPs/frequent fliers come first, your odds are not great. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but just be aware that Air2Sea can't create new seats in a 737 🙂

True, but if there are 500 people in front of you in the queue to see an AA agent in the airport, A2S may be able to snag some the few seats left before the 499 people in front of you grab one of those seats.  

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

True, but if there are 500 people in front of you in the queue to see an AA agent in the airport, A2S may be able to snag some the few seats left before the 499 people in front of you grab one of those seats.  

And A2S has stroke with the airline.  They can and sometimes do get you to the front of the standby line.

I've said the story too many times on this forum,  but they did get me out of Miami days earlier than American would have. 

• 1 month later...

Chalk up another great job by air2sea. My #1 son made it to the airport in Birmingham AL for a flight to Puerto Rico and found that he didn't have his original vax card. Thankfully,  he had the presence of mind to "miss" the flight and call air2sea.

I didn't think there was much they could do as neither American nor Travelocity showed any flights that would arrive before the ship departure.  However,  air2sea worked a miracle and put together a flight that arrived at 3pm (sail time was 8). He made the flight and saved the cruise! 😄

I was impressed that they not only got this together. But it only cost an extra $120.

Kudos to air2sea. I'll never fly to a cruise any other way.