Assistance for Side-to-Side Cruises

I am sailing on Oasis for 7 nights and then on the Jewel for 6 nights.  I was told that Royal will provide assistance for getting to the next ship.  How does that work?

Will they let me go back to my van parked at the port before heading to the next ship?   My plan is to pack a separate bag of clothes for each sailing, switching them between sailings.  Do you think this will work?

The only assistance they provide is a covid test on cruise #1 for cruise #2.

In terms of getting to the ship, I've heard of some people getting assistance in the past in certain situations, but I always assumed that was luck of the draw or something else. I'd plan to get a Lyft to get you there.

Pre-pandemic sometimes Royal would notice the consecutive cruise on another ship in the area and sometimes they would offer transportation.  

It still meant dealing with luggage as you have to possess all your luggage to clear through customs debarking the first ship.

I often found it challenging to find the bus that would take me to the next ship.  Outside of the terminal on debark day is often hectic.  The majority of people are leaving the ship and trying to get on a bus to the airport.  There are no ship crew outside the terminal.  There are usually no Royal employees out there.  There are bus drivers and transportation coordinators for the bus company trying to deal with the majority of folks looking for the right airport bus.  

With persistence, when they offered a bus between ships you can eventually find the right bus.  It's usually just one and later in the process so you have to wander from bus to bus asking over and over "Is this the bus for Serenade in Port Everglades?" or whatever the next ship is while dragging your luggage with you.

I've been fortunate to have been offered such transportation a number of times and each time I almost give up and look for an Uber.   Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the offer of free transportation, but it isn't always a smooth process.  

If you have your vehicle you might as well just drive to the other terminal. In Miami you don't prepay parking so the cost will be the same to park at the lot/garage by your second cruise. You will also be off the first ship a couple of hours before boarding the next one and will have to kill some time.

5 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I guess I'm confused.  If they leave from the same port, what assistance would you need? Alternatively, if they leave from different ports, and you have your car, what assistance would you need?

They're leaving from the same port but obviously from different terminals.  The assistance I'm expecting is with transportation and (expedited) screening for the second ship.  But based on @twangster and @AshleyDillo's posts, I might as well just use my van to move between terminals.

10 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

They're leaving from the same port but obviously from different terminals.  The assistance I'm expecting is with transportation and (expedited) screening for the second ship.  But based on @twangster and @AshleyDillo's posts, I might as well just use my van to move between terminals.

The other reason to drive your own vehicle is so that you don't have to figure out how to get back to the other terminal if you leave your vehicle parked at the first terminal.  Debarking at the end of cruise two it's always nice to have your vehicle right there.  

If you are parking at an offsite 3rd party lot that changes things.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

The other reason to drive your own vehicle is so that you don't have to figure out how to get back to the other terminal if you leave your vehicle parked at the first terminal. 

Yeah... that was the "aha" moment for me in your earlier post.  My planning hasn't gotten to the debarkation from the second ship.  Reminds of the ending of "Finding Nemo"