Covid Protocols for June AOS?

The cruises out of Israel still have pretty much full covid restrictions despite all passengers being vaccinated.  Any thoughts on some of these being lifted by June?  Since the CDC itself says that vaccinated people can gather in small groups(without masks), it seems that the full court press should give a little.

I am booked on June 12 and will go either way

Some I'd like lifted at a minimum.

Masks outside - to me they should be restricted to inside places where social distancing cannot be maintained, or eliminated completely(I know this won't happen)

Extreme social distancing, especially outside - I'm hoping that we won't be fighting over time at the pool.

16 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

My guess is they will deliberately not answer that question for as long as possible, hoping the CDC loosens up and they dont have to "make a decision".

I agree in that they will wait to determine full breadth of policies/changes.

Back to @wordell1 question, I highly doubt vaccines will not be required for June sailings.

In my not-a-doctor opinion, I don't see that requirement going anywhere until Covid numbers really start falling. If nothing else, it's good optics in the court of public opinion.

I think Royal is hoping and betting on the need for protocols to be lessened as we move forward.

June is still almost 3 months away.  That's a lifetime with respect to the advances society is making and learning about the virus.  Assumptions led to some protocols being considered.  Some assumptions have proven inaccurate.  

Why publish protocols today that will be outdated 30 days from now let alone 80 days from now?

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Back to @wordell1 question, I highly doubt vaccines will not be required for June sailings.

In my not-a-doctor opinion, I don't see that requirement going anywhere until Covid numbers really start falling. If nothing else, it's good optics in the court of public opinion.

My question was really more along the lines of what the requirements should be given that vaccines are required.  Since both passengers and crew will be vaccinated, it seems like the requirements would be different than say the cruises in Singapore. 

My understanding is that the cruises out of Israel are requiring are using protocols similar to Singapore. Since all passengers are vaccinated, this seems excessive.  

I get the standards are not yet written, I am just wondering what people opinions/expectations are.

6 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Since all passengers are vaccinated, this seems excessive

That would be totally true....if it weren't on a cruise ship.

To be honest, I think a lot of Royal Caribbean's protocols are as much about optics as they are about science.

Don't get me wrong, their policies are based in preventative measures, but as you say, it's appears to be overkill to do a few of these things because of the fact people are vaccinated.

The issue, in my opinion, is cruises are viewed a very negative light outside of the industry.  Look at how the CDC is treating ships compared to other aspects of travel as exhibit A.

So cruise lines appear to be going above and beyond what a land resort would require in order to appear to be "above reproach" in their strategy.  I really think they want to avoid pundits/govt officials/annoying tweeters saying "There they go again! Cruise ships are floating petri dishes and dont care".

Just my opinion.

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Agree vaccine required is not going to change, but things like masking and distancing that are being left vague will be left that way as long as possible.