Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

125% Cruise Planner Credit... finally!!!


Recommended Posts

On 5/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, mworkman said:

Rant:  Why is it that you have to have a TA add your Cruise Planner Credit to an existing cruise that you have booked? I didn't have to use them to book my excursions, wifi or drink package! Rant over! 😡🤦‍♂️

Agreed..seems there should be a way since you get a certificate number and all...but Royal's IT can't handle anything apparently.  You have to do the same for the Visa reward points OBC and the MyVegas OBC too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just got an email for our certificates for our cruise planner 125% credit.  62 days since email submitted for credit.  Amounts are correct from what I calculated.  Phew.  Problem is now all the sale

If you are doing it to take advantage of a price drop, yes.  Then anything you don't spend before the cruise will be available for you to spend while onboard the ship.  You just won't get any left ove

Yep and 2 1/2 hours later it’s finally done! 🙄

Posted Images

On 5/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, mworkman said:

Rant:  Why is it that you have to have a TA add your Cruise Planner Credit to an existing cruise that you have booked? I didn't have to use them to book my excursions, wifi or drink package! Rant over! 😡🤦‍♂️

Please know that Travel Agents are wondering the same thing.  We were not involved in the cruise planner purchases nor do we see anything on them so to have us be the point of contact on this is strange.  We have no issues helping our clients, but we do not know if the amount is correct until we call in to ask.   We cannot see it anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Well after speaking 2 1/2 hours on the phone, 20 minutes with the TA explaining what I have and what I wanted done and the remaining time waiting for RCCL to answer the phone.  I think it might be completed, but I will have to wait a week for verification as it’s supposed to post to my cruise planner as OBC.

I had a similar phone call involving the same type of people on Friday trying to get issues resolved with cruises back on 3/15 and 3/22.  Felt pretty good with what the Royal rep was telling me, now the wait begins again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 11:40 AM, Crazycruiser50 said:

I still haven’t gotten through on the phone.  (Life got in the way).  Anyone know what the story is?  We just call and have them apply the certificates to a particular reservation and then we go online and book cruise planner items?  Or do we have to call them every time we want to purchase an item?  
 

Option 1 would be significantly easier as things go on sale at different times.  

Current you call and they apply it all to your cruise planner account and you use it like traditional obc. Very simple. I had to wait 2 and a half hours on hold though

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kcusack89 said:

Current you call and they apply it all to your cruise planner account and you use it like traditional obc. Very simple. I had to wait 2 and a half hours on hold though

Thanks, I got through on the phone a few days ago.  I posted my experience on a diff thread, but basically they told me I had to email someone to get it applied.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and they got it applied immediately.  Go figure...

I had some items I cancelled on my cruise planner as I was going to use this credit instead.  Usually when we cancel online it takes 5-10 days to refund to my CC.  Well, after 15 days I called again this morning and they said now it’s going to take 45 days.  Very annoying...

I highly recommend using this credit at the sale price you are comfortable with because trying to get them to make an adjustment if it goes on a deeper sale is going to be a nightmare.  
 

I am hoping to see some decent cruise planner sales this weekend.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping to get our cruise planner refund sooner than later.  I canceled the purchase and made a new purchase.  Price was equivalent so I am not out any money I was  not planning to spend.  I am just tired of seeing it on my credit card balance.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

Thanks, I got through on the phone a few days ago.  I posted my experience on a diff thread, but basically they told me I had to email someone to get it applied.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and they got it applied immediately.  Go figure...

I had some items I cancelled on my cruise planner as I was going to use this credit instead.  Usually when we cancel online it takes 5-10 days to refund to my CC.  Well, after 15 days I called again this morning and they said now it’s going to take 45 days.  Very annoying...

I highly recommend using this credit at the sale price you are comfortable with because trying to get them to make an adjustment if it goes on a deeper sale is going to be a nightmare.  
 

I am hoping to see some decent cruise planner sales this weekend.  

If you cancel something you brought with obc it automatically credits back your credit so no worries about having to wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an FYI people the sales are so great this weekend atleast compared to my last cruise. I got everything we we wanted and had for our last cruise (only exception is I added a beach bungalow at labadee) and I still have $400 to kill. I may finally get that spa massage 😆😂

We want to do the excape room but I'm thinking that may be on hold for awhile not sure they want people gathering in closed spaces touching a bunch of stuff just yet

Link to post
Share on other sites

Uggghhhh getting antsy waiting for my OBC to post to my CP. it was applied Tuesday by my TA. Now I wait for it to appear. I don’t want to miss this sale. 😬 Sale is good until the 28th, so I’ll sit and check my cruise planner every 15 minutes 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jill said:

I wonder if I call the C&A line I might get through faster? 

Better to call RCCL Customer Services. I’m sure it helped push my refund along. Had to wait about 30 minutes for an answer but the person I spoke to was very helpful. I told him that I was a loyal customer and was very concerned about the delay and to put a note on my file to that effect. Got the refund about a week later. 😄👍🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 2:39 AM, Crazycruiser50 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s gone.  My $25 OBC disappeared, as did the one with my son’s cabin.  I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that promotional credits didn’t carry over and were not eligible for FCC.  I’d have to dig through emails.  

Yep. We lost our $600 (2x $300) OBC 😢

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question!

When calculating the 125% OBC, how do they treat the gratuity paid toward the DBP?

Is the gratuity refunded separately back to your CC or simply counted as part of the total amount spent in their 125% OBC calculation?

I'm just trying to keep track of all the transactions!

Thanks!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...