Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DavidTX said:

Is it possible to upload your security photo during e-check in? I was told it is possible but unable to find process. I will be leaving 26 Jan 2020.

When we checked in online from a computer, there was an option to upload a photo, which we didn't do.  On other threads passengers have reported they must sometimes retake the photo at the port.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We uploaded ours when doing the e-check in on the Royal app.  We scanned our passports and at one point it prompted us to upload a picture if we wanted to, so we did figuring it could save us time later on, but as others have said, they can always just have you re-take it at the port regardless.  We did our on our phones with the app, not sure if it's different on a computer or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have added a photo, both through the app and via a computer.

if using a computer/iPad you will see the add photo option after the travel documents section. It is easy and only takes a few seconds.

When you do it using the app it will activate the camera and put the online of a person to assist in getting the correct face size.

I think as long as the photo is clear and you are not wearing a hat there is no issue. We have been doing this for a couple of years and have not had to have our photo retaken at the dock.

 

53A32F1F-B6EB-4402-B1F3-2517E76B5409.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F1guynz, Unfortunately when I get to the photo section it doesn't have the add photo portion or the option of "Boarding", only "Photography". I called but was told that they would notify "it" that it wasn't available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The upload photo seems to vary by ship and port. Sailed on Anthem and Navigator and was able to upload a photo. Sailing on Liberty in a few weeks it wasn’t an option. For both sailings where I uploaded photos, they were retaken at the port anyway and didn’t really slow down our boarding process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it might depend on whether or not that ship is using the app yet. Last August on Harmony, we did it all on the app as directed but they insisted on retaking them at check in. Last week on Mariner we did the same and it worked like a charm. Nice to eliminate one more hurdle before you can board but you’re only saving minutes at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DavidTX said:

F1guynz, Unfortunately when I get to the photo section it doesn't have the add photo portion or the option of "Boarding", only "Photography". I called but was told that they would notify "it" that it wasn't available.

 

I am sailing on Harmony on Jan 26th. I was able to upload the photo. I did it after i was already checked in.

 

Just went into my sail pass and added in a photo, used my phone but used the browser and website not the app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DavidTX said:

F1guynz, Unfortunately when I get to the photo section it doesn't have the add photo portion or the option of "Boarding", only "Photography". I called but was told that they would notify "it" that it wasn't available

Sorry I forgot to mention that the ship needs to be switched over the new app before you can use the upload photo option.

What ship are you sailing on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, F1guynz said:

Sorry I forgot to mention that the ship needs to be switched over the new app before you can use the upload photo option.

What ship are you sailing on?

Liberty of the Seas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 1:59 PM, F1guynz said:

I think as long as the photo is clear and you are not wearing a hat there is no issue. We have been doing this for a couple of years and have not had to have our photo retaken at the dock.

I was on a B2B2B on Allure and they had to retake the photo on I leg. I reused the same photo for all 3 legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke with security during embarkation day when you're going through security check at the terminal. Regardless if you upload a photo or not during your online check-in they will always retake your picture again. 

They reason they stated was "to ensure the photo taken of you is the most recent and accurate, in case there was any significant modifications/surgeries/accidents that would not allow them to identify your face. Identity fraud and impersonations has happened before"

I don't know why they provide us an option to upload our picture online then if they're always going to retake it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We uploaded our "mugshots" for our cruise on Harmony last August. I did not have to retake my picture, but my wife had to retake her picture because her hair looked "a little different". I think there is some discretion by whomever is checking you in and how much of a stickler they want to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The photo I uploaded for the cruise I’m currently on right now is the same one I uploaded for our cruise back in October.  I was never required to have it retaken when boarding. 
 

My wife had to have hers retaken for this cruise, but her hair went from blonde to pink. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJ! said:

I spoke with security during embarkation day when you're going through security check at the terminal. Regardless if you upload a photo or not during your online check-in they will always retake your picture again. 

They reason they stated was "to ensure the photo taken of you is the most recent and accurate, in case there was any significant modifications/surgeries/accidents that would not allow them to identify your face. Identity fraud and impersonations has happened before"

I don't know why they provide us an option to upload our picture online then if they're always going to retake it.

I've uploaded mine on the past 3 cruises - nobody has ever retaken my pic.  Maybe that's a particular terminal or ship policy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I've uploaded mine on the past 3 cruises - nobody has ever retaken my pic.  Maybe that's a particular terminal or ship policy?

That could be it. This was at Terminal A, port miami for symphony of the seas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TJ! said:

That could be it. This was at Terminal A, port miami for symphony of the seas.

Ok, so not a Terminal A thing, because twice I sailed out of there, but not Symphony. I guess I'll find out in 33 days, since I'm sailing on Symphony then! I totally believe you, I just haven't had that experience yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...