Royal Caribbean Blog

Not-so-live Rhapsody of the Seas Thanksgiving Cruise Blog

On 11/30/2019 at 10:18 PM, Dan Curtis said:

What is the deal with the rubber ducks, I have never found one, can't say I have ever looked for one. Will,start looking, thanks for pics and info, looks like a great cuise. 

There were tons of them popping up on my sailing.  There's a Facebook group called Cruising Ducks and it's just a little pick-me-up thing to brighten people's day onboard when they find one.  

• 2 weeks later...

Post-cruise blues & Reflections on Rhapsody

I’ve been hit hard by a wave of the post-cruise blues. If you’ve been on a cruise before, you know what I’m talking about. You know that moment when you look out the window and realize that you’re going to be stuck in the same “port” until your next vacation? Or that icky feeling you get in your soul when you start to go through cruise withdrawal?  I’ve basically been blue since I got home and it’ll only go away once the next vacation is in the planning process. 

Post-cruise blues only can mean one thing- I had a good time. I went six years between cruises and I forgot how much I enjoy them. Thanks to the Rhapsody of the Seas crew, my appreciation for RCI has only deepened. The customer service onboard was top notch and some of the best in the industry. 

I know that Rhapsody isn’t for everybody. This ship isn’t as big and bold as the Oasis class ships, but that was okay for me. I was looking for a relaxing vacation, with the right itinerary, and that was exactly what I got. As Matt once said, there are no bad ships within RCI’s fleet and this was no exception. 

For Rhapsody, I knew what I was getting into before we boarded. I initially wanted to be on a bigger ship and I realized I had to change my mindset if I wanted a ship with more ports of call. Some of the reviews on other websites panned this ship and I’m frankly surprised. Not everything on the ship was perfect, but nothing stopped me from enjoying my vacation to the fullest. Overall, I had a great trip and I’m still recovering from cruise withdrawal two weeks after our trip. 

Thanks to everybody on the website for answering my questions along my trip researching journey. This website has been a tremendous resource and I appreciate how friendly and helpful everyone has been.