Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jill

Favorite Mediterranean itinerary

Recommended Posts

Ok what’s your favorite? Looking to book 2021. Can’t decide which ship/itinerary. Too many to choose from! Pretty sure won’t do Oasis class because I just don’t think you get enough time on the ship and that class can be a vacation in itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just completed a 12 night Venice Mediterranean cruise on Vision of the Seas and it was fantastic.  Could not of picked a better itinerary, and the ship was great too.  It is an older ship, but it has been maintained very well, and the crew is what makes this ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KenCP said:

Just completed a 12 night Venice Mediterranean cruise on Vision of the Seas and it was fantastic.  Could not of picked a better itinerary, and the ship was great too.  It is an older ship, but it has been maintained very well, and the crew is what makes this ship. 

Did you spend a few days in each port or did you have sea days? I see Venice was overnight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the Mediterranean with Greek Isles August (2018) on the Vision.  Would agree with KenCP on the ship and crew.  The trip and locations were awesome also.  We would definitely do it again.

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jill said:

Ok what’s your favorite? Looking to book 2021. Can’t decide which ship/itinerary. Too many to choose from! Pretty sure won’t do Oasis class because I just don’t think you get enough time on the ship and that class can be a vacation in itself. 

I recommend a  10-12 night trip, as  7 nights moves too fast, and you must account for jet lag.  We enjoyed the itinerary out of Barcelona as well as the Canary Islands out of Southampton.  On our next Med cruise, we'll try an itinerary that includes Venice.  For us, the chief goal was to see some of the places we've read about or seen on TV.  Shopping was incidental.  We sailed on the Brilliance and the Explorer.   Southampton cruises are a little more expensive/day then some of the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been a few recent live blogs for Med cruises:

 

Agree that you wouldn't want to fly all the way to Europe from the States (if that's where you are) just for a 7 night cruise, but if you add a few days for a land vacation then I think a 7 nighter would still be worth it.  

I recently did a 7 night Greek Isles cruise on Rhapsody (Venice, Kotor, Corfu, Athens, Mykonos, Argostoli,1 sea day) and liked it a lot.  I thought Venice was worth at least 2 extra days, probably 3.

Also agree that Oasis class isn't necessary on a Med itinerary.  We had plenty to do on a smaller ship (not that I've sailed Oasis class to compare).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did a Western Med cruise on Harmony when she first launched, it was great but I think the 7 days was too short.
There was so many things that we wanted to do and see that we had, I think, 4 or 5 back to back days with early mornings for the excursions.
Would have liked to do the same itinerary but maybe a few extra sea days in between to relax

I will know for next time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't been on this 9 night cruise yet but have it booked for next June. It is on Explorer. We are in a group that did extensive research on which Med cruise to take and this one had what we thought the best itinerary. Can't give a review yet but we are sure looking forward to it!        OUR CRUISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rtread said:

We haven't been on this 9 night cruise yet but have it booked for next June. It is on Explorer. We are in a group that did extensive research on which Med cruise to take and this one had what we thought the best itinerary. Can't give a review yet but we are sure looking forward to it!        OUR CRUISE

That’s an itinerary I have my eyes on for my 2021 honeymoon. Hoping that the date works for us since I really want to visit Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini all in one cruise. Curious about which ships will be sailing where. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MelKaps said:

That’s an itinerary I have my eyes on for my 2021 honeymoon. Hoping that the date works for us since I really want to visit Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini all in one cruise. Curious about which ships will be sailing where. 

I got so enthused about this itinerary I ordered two National Geographic wall maps, one of the whole Mediterranean and the other of just the Greek Isles, charted the course on both. Quite an itinerary! We are getting to Rome a couple of days early and hitting the high spots. I don't know much about the various islands but it should be interesting!

I don't know if Explorer will still be making this cruise in 2021....they seem to move these ships around periodically. Maybe one of the more experienced on here  knows the relocation pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rtread said:

We haven't been on this 9 night cruise yet but have it booked for next June. It is on Explorer. We are in a group that did extensive research on which Med cruise to take and this one had what we thought the best itinerary. Can't give a review yet but we are sure looking forward to it!        OUR CRUISE

Wow! That’s definitely one to consider. I like the 2 days at sea. The couple were traveling with must have Santorini. My must have is Athens and Rome. 9 nights seems perfect with a few extra days in Rome. Why did you not choose the other 9 night on Explorer? Which port was the deciding factor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

This is the ultimate itinerary and so looking forward to it next year!!! 😎

image.png.f39b00c77e5f5914677eb3c9b87adf2f.png

Is this a Royal itinerary? I’m not seeing it. Super ports! If I were 10 years younger! I don’t think I’d last on this one. I need at least 1 sea day to do nothing. Damn cancer left me with fatigue that makes this one not doable. 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jill said:

Is this a Royal itinerary? I’m not seeing it. Super ports! If I were 10 years younger! I don’t think I’d last on this one. I need at least 1 sea day to do nothing. Damn cancer left me with fatigue that makes this one not doable. 🙁

It's not a Royal, but it's a MUST DO!! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, Jill said:

Did you spend a few days in each port or did you have sea days? I see Venice was overnight. 

The ports were just one day each except for the overnight in Venice.  Each port had plenty of time to do your own thing or a tour through the cruise line. 

I think 10 + is the best for the Med., anything less is to short especially if you have to travel from North America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...