Every Ship Getting New Deck Plans in May 2020???

Hi all,

Does anyone know why Royal are changing the deck plans for every single one of their ships on the ship's first sailing after May 1st? If you are unsure what I am referring to, check the link here, https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/deck-plans and you can see that when you go into all of them, they all say that their current deck plans are only valid until May?

If I had to make a wild guess, I might wonder if it's the date where all ships will be on the Royal Caribbean Smartphone App, in which case they may switch to the more detailed deck plans found on said applications.

Any other ideas?

It says up to April 2019 for all of them.  I think that's a point where they decided to fix the deck plan layouts of that style (the all in one image deck breakdown).  If you click on the photo it will take you to that particular ship's deck-by-deck page where you can get the most current deck plans.  I just think they haven't updated the cover photo for that particular page in quite some time.

Welcome to the message boards.

Royal will sometimes re-categorize cabins trying to develop more consistency across the fleet.  That's hard to do with old ships and new ships, small ships and large ships, but they are moving to something a little more unified.  A J3 Junior Suite is different than a J4 junior Suite and used to be called one thing on this ship and something different on another ship.  Now J3 is more consistent.  Consistency helps travel agents who are constantly jumping between ships all day long.  

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royal will sometimes re-categorize cabins trying to develop more consistency across the fleet.  That's hard to do with old ships and new ships, small ships and large ships, but they are moving to something a little more unified.  A J3 Junior Suite is different than a J4 junior Suite and used to be called one thing on this ship and something different on another ship.  Now J3 is more consistent.  Consistency helps travel agents who are constantly jumping between ships all day long.  

Oh cool! Thanks for your answer, that makes sense. 

Just now, YOLO said:

@brycemo  Yes, welcome to the RCB forums!

It would be nice if they could squeeze a bit more detail on some of those plans...

Yeah, for sure. In fact, the reason I was asking this is because I have been making a full list of ship features, (which i eventually plan to publish online) which is a spreadsheet of every bar/dining/entertainment/etc... venue on each royal caribbean ship, so over the past few days i have been through every ship’s deck plans and recorded every feature of them. There used to be one, I couldn’t find it, so i made my own!!

5 minutes ago, brycemo said:

Yeah, for sure. In fact, the reason I was asking this is because I have been making a full list of ship features, (which i eventually plan to publish online) which is a spreadsheet of every bar/dining/entertainment/etc... venue on each royal caribbean ship, so over the past few days i have been through every ship’s deck plans and recorded every feature of them. There used to be one, I couldn’t find it, so i made my own!!

Go to cruisedeckplans.com and see if that helps with some of your questions, I think there is another one called cruise mapper, the deck plans are definitely there, I don't know for sure if all of the venues (Bars and restaurants) are though.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I hope the ships are close together when they jump?