Description of Balcony Cabins on Radiance - too many choices!

I did a search here and couldn't find a link to the breakdown of the various cabin types. Looking to sail Radiance again next May northbound and there's a whole range of prices for balconies (regular and spacious). Is there a link that describes each type -2G, 4G, 4H, etc?

I would do a "guarantee" except I want to be on the starboard (right side heading forward/north) for the great views heading towards Hubbard Glacier.

Also, I saw earlier that RCCL got rights to enter Glacier Bay for 2020. Are there any cruises heading there?  

I'd suggest looking on cruisedeckplans.com and checking the "Cabin Guru" section that's below each deck's floorplan for any tips. I recall that when @twangster sailed on a Radiance class ship he found that some of the forward balconies on the lower decks stuck out further and were almost double the normal size. That sort of thing will be noted in the Cabin Guru area.

No mention of GB yet.

All ships have different categories of balcony cabins.  In some cases they are used to denote cabins capable of additional guests, in some cases you get a bigger balcony and in some cases they may be aft view balcony cabins.  In some cases they are combinations of these features.

Deck 7 forward on Radiance class are the only balconies that allow you to look straight down the side of the ship to the water.   The extra couple of feet does mean you can rub shoulders with your neighbors but I really like these deck 7 extended balconies which are also clear to look up towards the stars.

wFLVzzN.jpg

cmdnTJC.jpg

41 minutes ago, KJ1231 said:

Is there a link that describes each type -2G, 4G, 4H, etc?

I would do a "guarantee" except I want to be on the starboard (right side heading forward/north) for the great views heading towards Hubbard Glacier.

The number generally indicates desirability with (I believe) lower numbers being "better"/more expensive.  However, you may or may not agree with Royal's opinion of what is desirable.  It's some combination of cabin size (versus the average for it's class), proximity to elevators and stairs (which could also mean more noise/traffic), and features of the room (2 seat vs 3 seat couch, pull out sofa, ability to sleep more people, etc).  It's best to compare the room numbers with the deck plans which show those things and see if you can find what you want at the price you want.

Generally, the lower the number the more centrally located the cabin is(in relation to the ships center), most think there is less movement and less walking to elevators and stairs........

Then there is the letter designation. D class cabin is smaller than a B class cabin. Roughly 160 sq. ft. to 180 sq. ft.

These are generalizations and there are other twists thrown in such as having a 3rd or 4th bed...or not.

@JLMoran @twangster@L454S @Atlantix2000

Thanks all! Those Deck 7 balconies on Radiance look awesome! Just got off the phone with @michelle and booked 7530. With the large balcony and the kids really not needing it we saved $1K by putting them in 7533 (an inside cabin). With the inside I don't get all those airline points so went with MEI! Going back to AK on 5/15/2020....

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, KJ1231 said:

@JLMoran @twangster@L454S @Atlantix2000

Thanks all! Those Deck 7 balconies on Radiance look awesome! Just got off the phone with @michelle and booked 7530. With the large balcony and the kids really not needing it we saved $1K by putting them in 7533 (an inside cabin). With the inside I don't get all those airline points so went with MEI! Going back to AK on 5/15/2020....

thanks for the extra support and giving up airlines points -  Always happy to help out your family