Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

I missed out on the recent cruise planner sale to book our drink packages, etc and now our cruise is a little over 30 days away. Those of you who have cruised previously, do they ever have sales around Memorial Day?  Should I expect the prices to just keep going up the closer my cruise gets?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

my cruise is in September and I cant remember a time that the drink package wasnt on sale for $49.  might have been a day or 2 between at $52...  Seems like the sales pop up every single week, and the worst "sale" is the BOGO50, so not like that was an exclusive offer.  It will probably go on sale again before you sail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kwevans said:

I missed out on the recent cruise planner sale to book our drink packages, etc and now our cruise is a little over 30 days away. Those of you who have cruised previously, do they ever have sales around Memorial Day?  Should I expect the prices to just keep going up the closer my cruise gets?  

We are sailing on Saturday and got emails 3 times in the last week (including today) offering sales on many (not all) cruise planner items. Some of those prices were as low as I've seen other than Black Friday. I would guess they will have another sale around Memorial Day, but keep checking your emails also. FYI, If I am not mistaken, no purchases can be made within 48 hours of sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skid said:

We are sailing on Saturday and got emails 3 times in the last week (including today) offering sales on many (not all) cruise planner items. Some of those prices were as low as I've seen other than Black Friday. I would guess they will have another sale around Memorial Day, but keep checking your emails also. FYI, If I am not mistaken, no purchases can be made within 48 hours of sailing.

Oh I did not know that! Thanks for the tip!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jo-Anne said:

I have booked a couple of excursions and they are no longer in the cruise planner where first advertised. Does this mean they are now full? 

It seems that lately, Royal Caribbean has been hiding at excursions that people have booked previously. Siri is this is to make it harder for people to know if they should cancel and rebook because the price has dropped. Not saying that’s automatically what happened here, but it may be worth it if you can find some people booked on the same or a similar cruised in the same area to see if they can find the same excursion and report back the price. @Baked Alaska  had to do this recently for some of her Alaska excursions that are coming up in the not too distant future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The short answer is there will probably be a sale over Memorial Day.  No guarantee, but historically there has been.

I'd also advise you to book any of these purchases now to lock in the price. If the price does drop, you can cancel and rebook.  But by booking now, you guard against a price increase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 1:39 PM, Fairlynew said:

My sailing is still 9 months away and there has been no sale on the beverage package.  It is showing $57 pp.  I am hoping for a Memorial day sale 

From what I've read, you should be able to take advantage of their Black Friday sale, which still isn't guaranteed

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 8:18 PM, JLMoran said:

It seems that lately, Royal Caribbean has been hiding at excursions that people have booked previously. Siri is this is to make it harder for people to know if they should cancel and rebook because the price has dropped. Not saying that’s automatically what happened here, but it may be worth it if you can find some people booked on the same or a similar cruised in the same area to see if they can find the same excursion and report back the price. @Baked Alaska  had to do this recently for some of her Alaska excursions that are coming up in the not too distant future. 

Just check your order history and it all will be there.  Click on the item to find it's current selling price.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Just check your order history and it all will be there.  Click on the item to find it's current selling price.  

After purchasing an excursion, etc. the purchase will be in your "Order History" but the excursion will also be in the "Recently Viewed" option.

The "Recently Viewed" option is where I watch for price changes as it is updated with new pricing as they happen. Just delete options not bought but viewed.

I also keep a sheet of paper with the price history of my excursions and other purchases (Key, Drink plan, etc).

Edited by 711Dave
Forgot to add.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...