Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

They never give the ship a new godmother. That honour stays for as long as the ship is with the company.

That's what I thought but typically the Godmother is a licensed green Ogre of a Godmother like Allure's is... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, constable145 said:

 That's what I thought but typically the Godmother is a licensed green Ogre of a Godmother like Allure's is... 

They should have realistically picked someone real in the first place, but they can't really pick someone else now as that would require a new naming ceremony and it doesn't really matter anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

They should have realistically picked someone real in the first place, but they can't really pick someone else now as that would require a new naming ceremony and it doesn't really matter anyway.

You're right it doesn't matter but these first world problems are a welcome distraction from the real world issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think that the godmother ought to be someone recognisable or someone who has done great things. Some ships have got good ones but a few of the choices are confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 2:56 PM, Joe01 said:

They should have realistically picked someone real in the first place, but they can't really pick someone else now as that would require a new naming ceremony and it doesn't really matter anyway.

The godmother role, these days, is purely a marketing tool.  When Allure launched, it served that purpose.  I highly doubt more than a very small fraction of Allure cruisers even known there is a godmother for the ship, let alone it's a Dreamworks character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, Matt said:

The godmother role, these days, is purely a marketing tool.  When Allure launched, it served that purpose.  I highly doubt more than a very small fraction of Allure cruisers even known there is a godmother for the ship, let alone it's a Dreamworks character.

i'm totally googling this...I know not what this is!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JennyB Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mworkman said:

@JennyB Don't let this distract you from the the fact that in 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon. 😂

#NeverForget

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...