I’ve been following the chill island cabana for our 12/29 Mariner cruise.  High is  $499.  I’ve seen it as low as $429.  Sale had mostly been $449.  Oasis cabanas range from $399-$499,  and seem to be on sale more often.  I have not seen the bungalow.

I’m hoping drink package drops.  Best I’ve seen is $56.  And while I’ve purchased it, I’m  not sure I’m keeping it at that price.

4 hours ago, Jason12 said:

The perfect expensive day 😂

I think as @Matt proved over the last week, there’s plenty to do without dropping a dime at CocoCay. The free activities at CocoCay rival the private islands from NCL and Carnival, and I’d say look a lot better than Labadee. 

I'm on a Harmony of the Seas sailing on 5/26/19.  Here are the current prices (including the current sale prices) in my cruise planner:

image.png.73468739f7b6e0ade2c4ae139b4cfd78.png

Note that there are NO "South Beach Cabanas" listed at all...

I purchased the "Thrill Waterpark Full Day / Zipline Package" for myself along with several others in my group.  In the listing for the activity in the cruise planner, the price was $119.  When I got to checkout, I found that the price was only $85!!!  I was able to purchase for each person at this price!  After the purchase, it most certainly shows in "My Calendar" with both the Zip line and the Waterpark Full Day Pass!

10 hours ago, DublinFC said:

Hmm the perfect day seems a bit pricey

I guess I was naively thinking the island was "all inclusive".  but yeah, this is a lot, kind of parking you on an island with little to do but spend money.

I guess it is often an incremental stop, so on other cruises, it would just be a cruise day.

9 hours ago, MicDay said:
DATE 13 May 2019
TIME 8:30 AM
TOUR LANGUAGE English
VIEW GUEST INFORMATION AND PRICES

TOTAL $1,299.00 USD

This is just me on the reservation,

sorry not good at coping and paste on my laptop

This is what my cart looks like for 1 chill island cabana 

Wow, that  is 'spensive

2 hours ago, Bob_KY said:

Are floating beach mats provided when renting the Chill Island Cabanas?  (Like Labadee)

To my knowledge they are included in all the upgraded areas from “beds” upward.

@MicDay   I realize that someone has already mentioned this, but that number really looks like that you clicked on all the individuals on the reservation and so it multiplied whichever number for that number of people (when you click the links does it show you which person(s) are being added? You only need to reserve it under one person‘s name even though 6 to 8 can be there.

3 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

To my knowledge they are included in all the upgraded areas from “beds” upward.

@MicDay   I realize that someone has already mentioned this, but that number really looks like that you clicked on all the individuals on the reservation and so it multiplied whichever number for that number of people (when you click the links does it show you which person(s) are being added? You only need to reserve it under one person‘s name even though 6 to 8 can be there.

I promise it's just me, I really appreciate you guys checking to make sure i'm doing it correctly.

If I was better at this I'd screenshot it so you could see it, maybe it's that high because we are 44 days out?

33 minutes ago, MicDay said:

I promise it's just me, I really appreciate you guys checking to make sure i'm doing it correctly.

If I was better at this I'd screenshot it so you could see it, maybe it's that high because we are 44 days out?

I don’t know, but that is insane! It is 1 beach day for heaven’s sake; I would not pay that for 3 (but I am not much of a beach person and usually leave early so a more expensive cabana is silly for us anyway). I do hope that number improves for you!

The prices are all over the place, it really depends on the ship it seems. I just booked an Oasis Lagoon cabana for $319 (it was $399 a day ago, and $319 three days ago) for my December 2019 Navigator cruise.  The same cabana for my Symphony sailing 2 1/2 months later (Feb 2020) is $499.   I guess those are different seasons, too?  I'm pretty pleased with my December sailing though!

18 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

I don’t know, but that is insane! It is 1 beach day for heaven’s sake; I would not pay that for 3 (but I am not much of a beach person and usually leave early so a more expensive cabana is silly for us anyway). I do hope that number improves for you!

I'm,  very new to this site (really love it)and this is our first RCC cruise, I assumed that was the norm.  I saw people on here telling how they got one and how it's worth it.  In my mind I'm going, it's crazy we can cruise for that much, well two of us could.  Glad to learn my is not the norm, I like the loungers or we'll rent an umbrella, works for us.

2 hours ago, MicDay said:

I'm,  very new to this site (really love it)and this is our first RCC cruise, I assumed that was the norm.  I saw people on here telling how they got one and how it's worth it.  In my mind I'm going, it's crazy we can cruise for that much, well two of us could.  Glad to learn my is not the norm, I like the loungers or we'll rent an umbrella, works for us.

I guess people perceive these things differently, and I never claimed to be in the mid portion of the normal curve on most variables, but it is one day and to me it would be crazy to spend that much on 1 thing or even on 1 day. As you point out, someone could take a cruise for that price. But that is just how I see it. I can enjoy my day quite a lot either way 🏊🏻‍♀️  But, I am definitely not criticizing those who pay for those things at all, everyone has a right to their own priories in life and there are people that I like quite a lot that pay for cabanas (and such) regularly.  And I had had lots of friends who have wanted one and invited us to join them (anyone who wants to do so in the future, feel free 🤣😂).  But, in my “worthwhile” calculation those usually fail horribly here 15 years from retirement. I did find a bungalow for our coco cay visit in May that was just under $200 and that we went for since I had a carcinoma on my face in my mid 30’s because of how fair I am - guaranteed shade at that price (and them delivering lunch) made it a “go” 😬

To your first comment - the vast majority of the people here are super nice and very helpful. Sure, snarkiness and ego do occasionaly rear their heads, but it is rare and is far, far, FAR less than you will find anywhere else (and sometimes I think it’s from those who mistakenly think that dry humor translates in writing when it comes out seeming mean or terse).   You will like it here, the members have a weatlth of cruise-related experience to offer.  Welcome, glad you are here 😊

I got a cabana on Chill for 449.  It holds 8, and for us, it basically comes out to $56 pp for 8 hrs.  I get shade (SIL is very fair).  With the cabana I get lounge sofas, + chaise loungers, and on a more secluded part of the beach.  

This is not our 1st trip to Bahama/Bermuda/Coco Cay.  We've done a lot of the excursions.  We also buy Voom Surf/Stream, but only 1, so in the end $56 pp  (2 of us) is basically the cost of buying another Voom for the cruise.  Just saying we have a limited budget.  If our 2nd grandbaby wasn't due 3 weeks from our sail date I wouldn't buy Voom.

Have I done the cabana's before? Nope.  Why, because I was paying for the dolphin excursion, the stingray, the para-sailing. This is our excursion for this trip.   

On 3/26/2019 at 3:03 PM, Andrew72681 said:

I think as @Matt proved over the last week, there’s plenty to do without dropping a dime at CocoCay. The free activities at CocoCay rival the private islands from NCL and Carnival, and I’d say look a lot better than Labadee. 

Could you tell me where to go to see what Matt provided?  I've been looking in the blogs to see if anyone has any idea what is free.  So far I've seen the buffet and the pool.  Wondering what other activities are free since most of what I see you have to pay for.  Already have 2 excursions booked at $500 and so was wanting to not spend any at Cococay.  Hoping they have stuff for free!  We have our own snorkel equipment.

3 minutes ago, Barbara T said:

Could you tell me where to go to see what Matt provided?  I've been looking in the blogs to see if anyone has any idea what is free.  So far I've seen the buffet and the pool.  Wondering what other activities are free since most of what I see you have to pay for.  Already have 2 excursions booked at $500 and so was wanting to not spend any at Cococay.  Hoping they have stuff for free!  We have our own snorkel equipment.

See this blog post:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/06/05/royal-caribbean-officially-opens-perfect-day-island-experiences-bookings

Scroll down part way to "Perfect Day at CocoCay Costs"

56 minutes ago, Barbara T said:

@Matt spoke a lot about CocoCay during the live podcast from the Mariner group cruise as well as laying it out in the live blogs. There’s also a picture round up at https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/03/16/first-look-new-offerings-perfect-day-cococay

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Pricing is funny and differs by cruise.  We booked full day waterpark for $77 CAD for our August navigator cruise.  We paid same price for our Anthem March cruise but for half day waterpark.  

Definitely seems to have a supply and demand component to it.  Big ship with 5,500 guests seems to have higher prices than small ship with fewer guests.  

13 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Pricing is funny and differs by cruise.  We booked full day waterpark for $77 CAD for our August navigator cruise.  We paid same price for our Anthem March cruise but for half day waterpark.  

Even with the conversion that makes for a big jump. On our Navigator sailing it was down to 29US/38CAD