Placed by an elevator...

PhantomWolf

Since I'm on a cruising kick and Royal is still doing their discounted sailings for a "second" cruiser (solo guy here), I went ahead and booked a trip for 2020.  I didn't like my original placement in the single guest cabin so I called in and got it switched.  Don't mind paying a little extra for the new stateroom.  However I went from being by the auditorium to being right next to stairs and the elevators.  I was at work when I called in and had to get off the phone quick, so I wasn't able to check where my new placement was going to be. 

Would it be out of line for me to call in again and request a different placement?  Or should I leave it alone since I'm only going to be there to grab some sleep and shower/change? Just unsure of how bad the noise really is.  Mid September sailing, so the majority of the kids should be in school.

Change cabins as much as you want.  Sometimes I change (with in the same category) then a week later another cabin becomes available and i change again.  It's your money, as long as it's within the specific category type you can as often as you like.  Moving from a 2V to a 3V may result in difference in price but staying within a 2V category should be no extra cost.     

22 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have also changed cabins (within the same category) before a sailing.  It has never been an issue.

The key words are "within the same category".  Never a problem with that, provided there is availability. Just keep in mind that there are various sub categories of rooms.  So it's not to say if you are in a balcony you can move to any other balcony.  It has to be a room with the same category ID as yours.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:31 AM, Matt said:

The key words are "within the same category".  Never a problem with that, provided there is availability. Just keep in mind that there are various sub categories of rooms.  So it's not to say if you are in a balcony you can move to any other balcony.  It has to be a room with the same category ID as yours.

I was able to switch rooms without a problem since it is so far in advance. The room category was slightly different so I had to pay a minimal extra cost, which to be honest will probably be worth every penny and then some!

14 minutes ago, KLA said:

If it makes you feel better, I've actively sufficiently annoyed the crap out of a travel agent today with cabin changes with changing my mind several times in the span of a couple hours. Thankfully, she's been quite kind and patient with me. ?

LOL, this was me yesterday with Michelle from MEI.  She's SUPER patient and I appreciate it!