Should I sail Harmony again for the 4th and 5th time?

Joe01

Currently about to book our B2B for this summer. It was between Harmony and Symphony and I went for Harmony because Symphony calls into CocoCay on the last day which is less than ideal.

However, I've been on Harmony 3 times already and I feel that I've done that ship enough times for now. The trouble is that I do want to see CocoCay. I'm really not sure if I want to take this one. I'm actually a bit done with doing 2nd gen Oasis Class all the time, but at least SY has a few improvements.

What do you think? Book or not?

Not clear...what is wrong with going to Coco Cay on your last day?  If price is similar and that's only negative then I'd try Symphony just to see how it compares (although I imagine it'll be more similar than different).  But nothing wrong with repeating a ship again.  (I just posted about this and many good thoughts)

Just now, WannaCruise said:

Not clear...what is wrong with going to Coco Cay on your last day?  If price is similar and that's only negative then I'd try Symphony just to see how it compares (although I imagine it'll be more similar than different).  But nothing wrong with repeating a ship again.  (I just posted about this and many good thoughts)

I did Symphony last year so I have already sailed her. The issue with CocoCay on the last day is that I prefer to have an at sea day on the last day, and the last day is usually a rush to get everything done for me so I won't be able to enjoy the port as much.

Price is neck and neck.

6 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

I did Symphony last year so I have already sailed her. The issue with CocoCay on the last day is that I prefer to have an at sea day on the last day, and the last day is usually a rush to get everything done for me so I won't be able to enjoy the port as much.

Price is neck and neck.

Ah ok..that makes total sense. I feel the same way.

If you've done Symphony already and the itinerary is better with Harmony, then maybe book Harmony again?  Don't think you can go wrong either way.?

8 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Price is neck and neck.

Instead of going on to Coco Cay, you could either just walk off for a bit to see the improvements or stay on board completely to enjoy the ship and unwind while it's empty? 

Just now, KLA said:

Instead of going on to Coco Cay, you could either just walk off for a bit to see the improvements or stay on board completely to enjoy the ship and unwind while it's empty? 

CocoCay is the only port I'm interested in seeing.

Just now, Joe01 said:

CocoCay is the only port I'm interested in seeing.

It seems like Symphony might make the most sense then - you can get the 'latest and greatest' since the ship sounds like your destination, and even if it's less than ideal on the timing you'd have the chance to see Coco Cay. Maybe start doing some pre-packing the night before Coco Cay so things are a little bit less rushed and you can enjoy the day on the island?

It sounds like you'd have a great time on Harmony, too - but based on what you've indicated and if pricing is all the same, Symphony might have a slight edge. 

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

Booked Harmony.

Still unsure to be honest. My gut is telling me that I made the wrong decision.

Go with your gut.  Sounds like you might be at the point of "been there done that".  We hit that point and wanted new experiences.  We have 2 first time cruises booked...an Alaskan and a Southern Caribbean.  The excitement of new ports is great!!  Good luck!

2 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

Go with your gut.  Sounds like you might be at the point of "been there done that".  We hit that point and wanted new experiences.  We have 2 first time cruises booked...an Alaskan and a Southern Caribbean.  The excitement of new ports is great!!  Good luck!

I did book Harmony because we've not been to CocoCay before and that was the lure of the itinerary. But I'm really having second thoughts about the ship.