More Detailed Excursion Information Question

Lori B

I'll be on Oasis of the Seas (Western Caribbean) in March.  My cabin mate and I have already booked and paid for our excursions.  My question is about the logistics of it all.  Will we get more information once we check in or do we need to wait til we're on the ship and ask ship personnel for details?  I've never been to any of these places so do we just walk off the ship, and like at airports, someone from the excursion will be standing on the dock with a sign?  Do we get a map of where we need to go to begin our excursion?  Example:  I'm doing Salsa, Salsa, Margaritas in Cozumel.  How do I know where it is?  How to get there?  Is it within walking distance?  Do I need to find a taxi or bus?  Will someone be at the dock waiting for all of us doing that excursion?  Or is this information we will get once we are on board?  Thanks so much in advance!

Agreed that your tickets will tell you where to meet.  In addition to meeting places on the ship, I've experienced meeting on the pier with excursion staff holding signs with name and number of the excursion.  Whether on or off the ship, you check in with that person and once they have everyone they walk you to meet your transportation.  For large excursions, they may take smaller groups to meet the transportation while the person with the sign keeps checking in more people.  I don't know how long they will wait for someone that is late.

1 hour ago, Lori B said:

I'm breathing easier already!

Glad to hear that Lori. Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask away with any questions/concerns you may have. There is a wealth of knowledge here from many seasoned cruisers who are more than happy to help you out. And don't worry about getting "flamed" for a question you post, THAT does not happen on this message forum. :27_sunglasses:

7 hours ago, Brobbins246 said:

Also your meeting location should be somewhere on the ship like one of the clubs or theater so you won't have to disembark on your own and find your group on shore.  

This is 100% true for tender ports. It may or may not be true for ports where the ship can dock. But in all cases, you will receive documents in your room at least one day before each excursion, if not all at once on embarkation day, that say where to meet / what to look for / when to be there.

Oh yeah, one other VERY important thing. If your excursion indicates meeting at 9:00 am (or any other time) on the pier....DO NOT BE LATE. That will hold up the entire excursion process. Which will result in a lot of very upset folks who were early or on time for the excursion. I know this from experience, having always been early or on time. My wife has had to shush me or curtail my obscene gestures on many occasions towards these late comers. :3_grin: