SeaPass Card and Beverage Package

PG Cruiser

How do you keep your SeaPass card ready for beverage orders and other uses?  Cards have a tendency to jump out of my pockets so I have to somehow secure my SeaPass card.  But I find it inconvenient to have to take it out of my wallet everytime I need it.  I don't even carry my wallet with me all the time on the ship.

On the Harmony I had a WOW band but I also had to take it off every time I ordered beverages. It can get very annoying doing that several times a day.

On the Majesty, the Seapass did not have RFID so they punched a hole for me to attach it to a lanyard.  My lanyard had a detachable clip which made presenting the card easy.

I don't know what they have on the Serenade.  From what I'm reading, their SeaPass has RFID so I can't have a hole punched on it.  Can I keep my card in a clear plastic holder?  Will their readers be able to scan my card while in the holder?

First World problem, I know.

If the cards are RFID,  which is only a handful of ships,  I have a phone case that has some card slots in the back.   The RFID door opening also worked with out me having to take it physically off of the phone.  But they'd still want to you to hand it to them at bars because you don't want to hand them the whole phone.

With a lanyard, if it's RFID, you might not have to take it out.  But if it's the swiping, magnetic kind of card, you'd have to take it out every time for sure.

Working in a secure buiilding with lots of scanners it would sem to me the answer is "I dont know!".....it really depends on the strength of the individual scanning device, reflections of light off the sleeve, scratches, stains etc.

Just now, averbeck said:

If the cards are RFID,  which is only a handful of ships,  I have a phone case that has some card slots in the back.   The RFID door opening also worked with out me having to take it physically off of the phone.  But they'd still want to you to hand it to them at bars because you don't want to hand them the whole phone.

With a lanyard, if it's RFID, you might not have to take it out.  But if he's the swiping, magnetic kind of card, you'd have to take it out every time for sure.

Good point!  I know the bars swipe so the sleeve definitely wont work there

I've used plastic pouches many times for ships that use RFID cards. Never had an issue. Only suggestion would be to find one that has a zip seal so the card had less of a chance to fall out.

Once the card (RFID style) was in the pouch it never had to be removed.

Thank you @CGTLH ! I figured the Quantum class did but I wasn't sure if it was all of Oasis class or just the newer ones. I had a passing thought of them installing the upgrade during the various amped drydocks, but I figured they would rather use that money for shinier updates that make for good commercials. Not that I'm complaining! 

I'll be on Serenade Sunday - can confirm whether or not it's RFID.  Pretty sure it's not.  I use a lanyard, and slip it in and out of the holder when I need it.  My husband puts one of those sleeves on the back of his phone, which he carries with him as his camera.  Then he only has to slide it in and out of the sleeve. 

On 10/25/2018 at 6:17 PM, RatedPG said:

Yay!  Can you please find out if they will punch a hole on the card if it were not RFID?  Thanks

Hi!  I just caught the end of your live Periscope on the Serenade.  Hope you're having fun.

What kind of SeaPass card do they have? Following up on my earlier question about it.

May I ask for another favor?  Can you please give feedback about electrical outlets and their locations? Thanks