How bad are the crowds on Oasis?

bigpete

I don't believe crowding is a major issue.  Lines exist on all ships of all sizes.  Even on Majesty of the Seas or Rhapsody of the Seas, there were lines at peak times in places like the Windjammer and if you roll out to the pool at noon on those ships, there will be few chairs left at the pool.  So crowding is not limited to the large ships.

That being said, I would not worry about it at all.  Oasis is a fabulous ship.  Here's an excerpt from my First Timer's Guide to Oasis of the Seas post that I would recommend reading

When talking about size, a common concern is if the ship gets and/or feels crowded. The good news is while it might seem like a ship this size must have crowding issues, Royal Caribbean spent a lot of time working on strategies to make the ship feel quiet. The neighborhoods help with the flow of crowds, and the ship's reservation system integrates tightly with the dining and show management to control crowds.  Lines can occur on any cruise ship, but they are rarely awful. 

I don't know if everyone will agree with me on this but my secret to having fun while cruising is going on board with realistic (maybe even low) expectations.   My reasoning is that if I expected everything - check-in/embarkation, stateroom, food, entertainment, etc - to be be perfect, then I will only be disappointed.  I'm especially very realistic with my expectations when it comes to the service staff.  After all, they're human... and humans have limitations and make mistakes.   With that in mind I just enjoy everything as much as I can. I did not pay for perfection, I paid for fun.

Did this exact routes 4 times now, 3 of them on Oasis class .

Most of the times no crowds at all as there are so many options and the crowd control is very good , the only time it was crowded in the WJ was during the morning when everyone wanted to eat before we are getting to port. even that time we were waiting 3 minutes to get a table. It might be that one morning we were eating on the counters and not on the table.

Regarding the pool , only one sea day so no issues with the pools , I do recommend to try and stay on the ship for half of the day during one of the ports and have the ship just for yourself (and few other that thought about this idea) 

Enjoy your cruise 

I echo the sentiment that half the battle is setting your expectations.  If you go to windjammer at peak times, you will not walk right up and get a table, unless you are very lucky.  So go mentally prepared to walk around and eyeball tables that look like they are almost finished.  Same with the pool.  If you go to the pool at 11 am on a sea day, you are not getting multiple chairs together, and likely not getting any chairs that are not in full sun.  If you are looking for multiple chairs in the shade on a sea day at the pool, then you better plan to be at the pool at 8 am.  Same with the popular bars at night.  If you go at 9 or 10 pm after some of the shows let out, you are not getting a table, they will be packed.   

With the windjammer, I wish they would seat you instead of making it every man for themselves.  Just form a line, tell them how many in your party, and then take you to a table.  I would rather wait in a line for 10 or 15 mins instead of wandering around trying to grab a table the second someone gets up from it.  

The pool, well, that is a harder beast to tame.  They say no chair saving but it is rampant.  Not much you can do about that.  I enjoy sitting by the pool on sea days, people watching and taking advantage of my drink package, so I just plan accordingly and go really early to get the spot I want.  Stops that you may have been to multiple times like Nassau and Cozumel are great opportunities to stay on the ship and take advantage of no crowds.  

Been on Oasis twice and both times we really did not have to wait in very many lines, both times were during spring break and the ship was pretty much sold slam out both times.  We only had to wait for an elevator a few times, and that was during peak hours.  Pool was fine, getting on and off was good, about the only times we really had issues were the times that you would expect to have lines( such as port days and getting off right at the peak time or showing up for lunch right at 12-1230 after those times it died down so we would adjust our eating times accordingly so we missed the peak times.  We either ate before the crowd or after, and had no issues!  As has already been stated it is what you make it!  Don't expect perfection and you will not be disappointed, expect to have  good vacation and have great time and you won't be disappointed.  As we say at work, just adapt and overcome!?