OBC

Welcome aboard Rebecca! When you purchase an item, drink, spa treatment,excursion, etc while you're on board it is charged to your on board account. If you have on board credit that purchase is debited from that credit until the on board credit is used up. Then you have to pay the balance at the end of the cruise. :27_sunglasses:

You don't only have to use it once on board. You can also use it toward booking excursions, drink packages, spa treatments, etc. online in the cruise planner. (You will see your available OBC toward the top right of the page).

Your "Cruise Vacation Receipt" that RCCL emailed to you will indicate how much OBC your booking included about halfway down the page.

image.png.49e1c0624e8f3140ada5dcbdc0569660.png

There are different types of OBC. 

OBC granted by Royal during the booking process is normally available for use prior to sailing (cruise planner) or onboard. 

OBC offered by a travel agency is typically loaded onto your onboard account on day two of the cruise and therefore only available onboard.  

When you log into the cruise planner, it should indicate if your have Royal OBC available.  There may be a pop up message that tells you the OBC you have or if you have already used some of your OBC it will indicate the top of the page if you have OBC available.  

OBC-1.jpeg.ebb1cdde864936fff18f8eb0729a5fec.jpeg

Going through your "Order History" and expanding any previous purchases will display where you have used OBC in the past.   

663319908_OBCused.jpeg.55055927fc71ac8bd26be4bc0860a186.jpeg

I booked it back when they were running the bogo during the 4th of July. I could've sworn it included obc when I booked. I looked at my receipt and there's 2 promos listed, the bogo and some other one for $175 but it looks like it just came off my total price. I already have everything paid for just thought it would be nice to use it towards another excursion or something. 

19 hours ago, Rebecca Ann said:

I booked it back when they were running the bogo during the 4th of July. I could've sworn it included obc when I booked

If I were you, I'd give Royal a call and ask about OBC. I booked our next cruise onboard with NextCruise back in January. As part of booking the non-refundable, we received onboard credit. After we got home, I looked closer at our booking and and the OBC applied to our account seemed lower than we were told.

On the phone, the CS rep found that our credits weren't applied properly by the onboard booking agent and our OBC was doubled once properly adjusted. It never hurts to ask!

We got $50 onboard credit when we booked our cruise and our TA told us that she got us an additional $50 per stateroom for our group booking.  I have already used the one $50 credit towards a beverage package but do not see that other credit anywhere on our info.  I know she said it will be available when we get on the ship but I just want to make sure that sounds correct.  I also just called and gave my MLife # and received another $125 OBC and I do see that in the cruise planner (so so happy I called!).  

Credit provided by your TA will not usually show up until day 2 of your cruise.  Don't fret if you don't see it the first day - if you haven't seen it by the end of day 2, then you can go down to Customer Service.  Don't worry about spending that balance before hand too - once the credit is applied, it will negate the charges up to that $50 dollar amount.