Coco Cay Cabanas ... Rocky area?

alamode123

We're going to Coco Cay in March, and wondering what the area dedicated to the Deluxe Ocean View cabanas is like? We've looked on YouTube, and it seems to be very rocky with very little actual beach. How big is the exclusive beach area? Will it change with the renovations?

My 15-year-old girls are just worried that we'll have to walk a ways from our cabana to enjoy the beach, which kinda defeats the purpose.

Two years ago cabanas were located in a rocky area.  You had to walk to the beach area to swim.

They've been moved and now you have a roped off beach area just for cabanas.  

I grabbed some Cabanas beach photos in my Empress live blog a few weeks ago.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/8865-empress-73018-5-nights-inc-cuba/&do=findComment&comment=79860

I'll copy the URLs here so not to upload them a second time and waste any more server space:

Empress Day 5 CocoCay-37.jpg

Empress Day 5 CocoCay-19.jpg

Empress Day 5 CocoCay-21.jpg

Empress Day 5 CocoCay-24.jpg

Empress Day 5 CocoCay-31.jpg

Empress Day 5 CocoCay-34.jpg

The beach is quite nice here.  I think your girls will love it.

EDIT - Another more distant photo showing more of the area.

Empress Day 5 CocoCay-18.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Matt said:

I think you're looking at the old cabana area.  Cabanas got moved to South Beach recently.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/08/21/spotted-waterfront-cabanas-cococay

We were in the new area this summer while on Adventure because we had a suite. We saw a group of cabanas near the old area by the rocks.

We are Star Class on our next cruise. I'm not sure which type of cabana to rent to make sure we are in the proper area or should we have our Genie do it for us? 

2 hours ago, BethBean98 said:

We were in the new area this summer while on Adventure because we had a suite. We saw a group of cabanas near the old area by the rocks.

We are Star Class on our next cruise. I'm not sure which type of cabana to rent to make sure we are in the proper area or should we have our Genie do it for us? 

I would let your Genie take care of all cabana rentals for you.

There are rocks that run to the right side of and behind where the cabanas are now, and the beach area is relatively smaller. We had no one problens with small rocks, shells, etc. On the regular beach or in the water than we have at any other beach in the area of the cabanas. We were just there on Mariner on August 28th and there was plenty of beach space for everybody who had rented a cabana. I'm not sure that they were at max occupancy, but several of the cabanas on the back row were filled. 

When we boarded Mariner, one of my first stops was the shore excursion desk. We chose cabana 11 because it had more beach space relative to many other cabanas. Maybe it was just our sailing, but the beach itself rarely had a ton of people on it, minus those walking back and forth between the cabana and water or to and from public areas. I'd get on board and choose my cabana as early as possible. 20180829_145459.thumb.jpg.a0cf6c8f12b04bfa185a44c69b7948b5.jpg20180829_145523.thumb.jpg.d97d52061bd7fda3d58cf05cb2d4ab75.jpg20180829_145459.thumb.jpg.a0cf6c8f12b04bfa185a44c69b7948b5.jpg

20180829_145538.jpg