Mystery Dinner Theater

georgeh

Hi all,

Liberty of the Seas in September.  I'm trying to decide if the mystery dinner is worth it.   Seems like it would be a better deal food-wise to get the 3 night specialty dining for the same price. 

Has anyone done it?  Is it fun/worth it?

thanks!

g

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I did this MANY years ago and we enjoyed it.  I have no idea what the cost is these days.  I wouldn't pay for it again but I think it was fun to do it once.

80 bucks.   but i guess it might be worth it at least once.

16 hours ago, InfoNrs629 said:

I was also looking at this on Freedom of the Seas, are older kids allowed (10 and 17)?  Would they enjoy it?

Yes, if its adult only they will put something in the description. But I can't say if they would enjoy it.  Depends on them but they will get a good meal out of it.

If they like the game CLUE then they will certainly enjoy the dinner.  If for some reason it`s adults only there is plenty for them to do while you attend the dinner show. You might try checking on Cruise Critic or even Yelp for that matter to see the reviews on the show.  Like you stated the 3 Specialty Dinners or 1 Mystery Dinner is a hard choice.  Good luck and enjoy what ever you choose.  You won`t be disappointed.  

We did it on our cruise last November and had a ball.  I did see a lot of families in the dining area.   We might do it again if it is offered. The food was good.  I am a self proclaimed picky eater, for lots of reasons.  They had a meat/cheese board that was passed. (not my thing)  Show was great and so was the 21 year old young lady that we (the table) finally told the waiters no more wine for her.   She had a friend with her to get her back to their room. 

We did the mystery dinner a few years back.  We also liked the fact you got to know quite a few members of the theater cast and crew really well, and then we kept on seeing them during the cruise and always got a smile and hello from them and also managed to avoid a line for something when they saw us.

Just a small fringe benefit.