Deluxe Beverage Package and VOOM One Device

39 minutes ago, Th3CruiseGuru said:

I have a question about the

With the rule being each adult must purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package does this mean each adult gets one device connected to Voom?  So in essence, if you buy two its actually a two device plan?

With each voom purchase you receive a code but that code can only be used on one device at any given time. You can share the code with whoever you want but only one person can use it at a time. We usually just share one code, we’re not on our phones much. It’s really just to keep tabs at home.

2 hours ago, Th3CruiseGuru said:

I have a question about the

With the rule being each adult must purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package does this mean each adult gets one device connected to Voom?  So in essence, if you buy two its actually a two device plan?

Yes.  2 plans, 2 devices can be used at the same time.

@Th3CruiseGuru, do be aware that buying two of the Deluxe + VOOM packages may not be as cost effective as buying two Deluxe packages and then a single two-device VOOM plan. Since you can share the code for the 2-device plan with anyone you wish, if each of you is using only one device then this might be a better option.

I've repeatedly priced out the combo package vs. whatever current sale price is offered for Deluxe and 2-device separately, and I've yet to see the combo sold for a better combined rate than buying the two separately. In fact, on most of the "deeper discount" sales for the drink package, getting the combo would have been more expensive even if I just bought for myself vs. getting the deluxe package and single-device VOOM!

As with most things on the Cruise Planner, gotta be prepared to track the prices and do some math here and there. ?

2 hours ago, Th3CruiseGuru said:

I was looking at that.  Currently, the Bev package is 50 by itself and the Voom 1 device is 19.99 the voom two device is 37.98.  The Bev package and Voom 1 device is 61.00.  Which would make internet 11.00.  

Yup, during a "non-sale" period I've observed that the combined package is often better than the separate purchase. The problem comes when the big sales around Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, etc. come along. What seems to happen then is that the beverage package will drop to $42 or $43 per night and the 1-device VOOM will drop down to between $11 and $14 per night, but the combined package doesn't move in sync and often stays at the exact same price or only a dollar or two less. This is why I ended up not getting a combo on either my last cruise or the one coming up -- I got the good drink package sale that just doesn't make the combo as cost effective.

If the combined package is the better deal right now (and by a significant margin from what you're seeing), I would say buy two of those for now if you want some price lock-in and your budget allows it. Then keep monitoring the prices as sales come and go, and be ready to cancel the combo package and switch to two deluxe with one 2-device package if the price math shifts in your favor.

By the way, when is your sailing and on which ship? That VOOM pricing you quoted is much higher than what I'm seeing for Anthem in October of this year, by about $5 per night for the 1-device plan and $9 per night for the 2-device plan. Combo plan is also five bucks more per night than I'm seeing. Just did my daily price check while also looking for CK and entertainment reservation availability.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

That VOOM pricing you quoted is much higher than what I'm seeing for Anthem in October

Anthem is almost cheap compared to the Harmony prices (from August of last yer til now) that I've noticed have gone from $60 - 47 a day - excluding the VOOM package.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Yup, during a "non-sale" period I've observed that the combined package is often better than the separate purchase. The problem comes when the big sales around Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, etc. come along. What seems to happen then is that the beverage package will drop to $42 or $43 per night and the 1-device VOOM will drop down to between $11 and $14 per night, but the combined package doesn't move in sync and often stays at the exact same price or only a dollar or two less. This is why I ended up not getting a combo on either my last cruise or the one coming up -- I got the good drink package sale that just doesn't make the combo as cost effective.

If the combined package is the better deal right now (and by a significant margin from what you're seeing), I would say buy two of those for now if you want some price lock-in and your budget allows it. Then keep monitoring the prices as sales come and go, and be ready to cancel the combo package and switch to two deluxe with one 2-device package if the price math shifts in your favor.

By the way, when is your sailing and on which ship? That VOOM pricing you quoted is much higher than what I'm seeing for Anthem in October of this year, by about $5 per night for the 1-device plan and $9 per night for the 2-device plan. Combo plan is also five bucks more per night than I'm seeing. Just did my daily price check while also looking for CK and entertainment reservation availability.

Thanks for that information.  I was actually thinking 50 was the discounted price.  I did not realize it could go as low as 42/43.  However, I guess this does make sense I am seeing 20% discounts not the bigger 30%.  This is a 5 Day Independence of the Seas next Feb 2019.  Also looking a bit closer currently the internet package is not discounted at all.  I might hang on and see what Fourth of July brings.  I also have my fingers crossed for a Kids Sail Free deal for next June.  The last one ended for sailing beginning by May 31st, but if we get any snow days school will be in session still. 

Just now, Th3CruiseGuru said:

Thanks for that information.  I was actually thinking 50 was the discounted price.  I did not realize it could go as low as 42/43.  However, I guess this does make sense I am seeing 20% discounts not the bigger 30%.  This is a 5 Day Independence of the Seas next Feb 2019.  Also looking a bit closer currently the internet package is not discounted at all.  I might hang on and see what Fourth of July brings.  I also have my fingers crossed for a Kids Sail Free deal for next June.  The last one ended for sailing beginning by May 31st, but if we get any snow days school will be in session still. 

OK, this is starting to make some more sense. Others have reported seeing a bump in both Deluxe pkg and VOOM prices for their 2019 sailings on other ships, so probably part of an overall increase fleet-wide. 30% off sales on the drink packages don't seem to appear until around 120 days out, maybe as far as 150 depending on the sailing. So you may want to re-check around October through December, although something could show as early as the Labor Day sale.