Jump to content
JLMoran

Freedom of the Seas - Mar 31 to Apr 8 - Eastern Caribbean LIVE(ISH)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RRoman7 said:

Where oh where do I find those Bloody Marys at?  I will be on the Mariner of the Seas in November so not sure if they have the same bar where you were able to get that one!  

This was a station that was set up in the Royal Promenade, right outside of Vintages. It was there from around 8 or 8:30 AM until I'm guessing 11:00 or so, and I want to say it was there every single morning for those who wanted to have that morning indulgence. I'll try and check my Cruise Compasses that I saved and see if maybe it's listed in there.

I also saw both Bloody Mary and Mimosa as drink options on the MDR breakfast menu, so that's another way to grab one if you're partial to the MDR for breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 1:52 PM, JLMoran said:
  • Our 20th wedding anniversary
  • Our older daughter graduating high school
  • Our younger daughter wrapping up middle school

Our TA actually has "20th anniversary" down on the reservation for the room my wife and I are in, and "High School Graduation" for the girls' room; I'll be curious to see if there are any decorations in either room when we arrive, or if the staff does anything out of the ordinary. Not expecting it, but ever-hopeful.

Thank you so much for an amazing review.  My eyes are a bit fuzzy as I read through each page in one sitting.  Belated happy 20th anniversary!!!  We'll be celebrating our silver anniversary next year on our cruise!

I didn't see any info if RCI acknowledged your anniversary?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, raahc said:

I didn't see any info if RCI acknowledged your anniversary?

Unfortunately, nothing at all until my wife and I mentioned it to our head waiter on our second formal night. We then got sung to the next night, along with getting a slice of cake with "happy anniversary" on the plate. Apart from that, we got nothing at all. 😢

To be fair, I'm guessing most people don't really get any recognition beyond that, although it looks like @mom2mybugs got better / a lot more recognition on her recent sailing. I'm guessing it's partly a function of being on a bigger Freedom class ship vs. a small Vision class, where it's a lot easier to keep track of the major events being celebrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Unfortunately, nothing at all until my wife and I mentioned it to our head waiter on our second formal night. We then got sung to the next night, along with getting a slice of cake with "happy anniversary" on the plate. Apart from that, we got nothing at all. 😢

To be fair, I'm guessing most people don't really get any recognition beyond that, although it looks like @mom2mybugs got better / a lot more recognition on her recent sailing. I'm guessing it's partly a function of being on a bigger Freedom class ship vs. a small Vision class, where it's a lot easier to keep track of the major events being celebrated.

I'm guessing too the advent of social media has impacted special event recognition.  All it takes is for one to person to mention something they received as recognition and soon everyone learns to have several anniversaries every year, and several birthdays every year, and ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twangster said:

I'm guessing too the advent of social media has impacted special event recognition.  All it takes is for one to person to mention something they received as recognition and soon everyone learns to have several anniversaries every year, and several birthdays every year, and ...

Could well be. Interestingly, for my sailing on Celebrity Summit next year my TA's assistant had noted on our reservation that I'm celebrating my 50th birthday on the reservation, and asked me at booking what night I'd like to have it recognized in the MDR. I requested night 2, which I assume will be the first formal night; she told me it will be officially recognized by the staff that night along with any other birthdays being celebrated, and that cake will be served at our table.

Though, to my point about smaller ships, Summit is quite a bit smaller than Freedom and more like a Radiance class ship in size / capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Unfortunately, nothing at all until my wife and I mentioned it to our head waiter on our second formal night. We then got sung to the next night, along with getting a slice of cake with "happy anniversary" on the plate. Apart from that, we got nothing at all. 😢

To be fair, I'm guessing most people don't really get any recognition beyond that, although it looks like @mom2mybugs got better / a lot more recognition on her recent sailing. I'm guessing it's partly a function of being on a bigger Freedom class ship vs. a small Vision class, where it's a lot easier to keep track of the major events being celebrated.

Aww, sorry to hear that.  Thanks for getting back to me 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Could well be. Interestingly, for my sailing on Celebrity Summit next year my TA's assistant had noted on our reservation that I'm celebrating my 50th birthday on the reservation, and asked me at booking what night I'd like to have it recognized in the MDR. I requested night 2, which I assume will be the first formal night; she told me it will be officially recognized by the staff that night along with any other birthdays being celebrated, and that cake will be served at our table.

Though, to my point about smaller ships, Summit is quite a bit smaller than Freedom and more like a Radiance class ship in size / capacity.

There is a very big difference in the clientele that tends to book the two lines.  Celebrity doesn't require scanning your card to get a pool towel.  Towels are all over the place.  

One is a mass market cruise line, one tends to be booked by a more mature & refined audience.  Open towels wouldn't work on Royal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twangster said:

There is a very big difference in the clientele that tends to book the two lines.  Celebrity doesn't require scanning your card to get a pool towel.  Towels are all over the place.  

One is a mass market cruise line, one tends to be booked by a more mature & refined audience.  Open towels wouldn't work on Royal.

Twangster, please stop tearing down the rationalizations I'm making to feel better about having our 20th wedding anniversary "ignored". 😂😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

am a strong and fervent proponent of the many and varied benefits of wind power.  🤣

^^^look now many words it took him to say that 🤣🤣

@raahc we celebrated our anniversary on Symphony last month. It was noted by our TA on our reservation and our waiter asked Hubby at dinner that night if he wanted them to celebrate for us. Hubby said sure and we got a cheesecake and a cute song in CK. So they did recognize it but nothing over the top. No free upgrades or anything 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

^^^look now many words it took him to say that 🤣🤣

@raahc we celebrated our anniversary on Symphony last month. It was noted by our TA on our reservation and our waiter asked Hubby at dinner that night if he wanted them to celebrate for us. Hubby said sure and we got a cheesecake and a cute song in CK. So they did recognize it but nothing over the top. No free upgrades or anything 😉

 

Happy belated anniversary! A slice of cake and song would be very welcomed ...lol

Our TA made a note also for our 2nd night, but we're trying to score a reservation at a specialty restaurant, fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Unfortunately, nothing at all until my wife and I mentioned it to our head waiter on our second formal night. We then got sung to the next night, along with getting a slice of cake with "happy anniversary" on the plate. Apart from that, we got nothing at all. 😢

To be fair, I'm guessing most people don't really get any recognition beyond that, although it looks like @mom2mybugs got better / a lot more recognition on her recent sailing. I'm guessing it's partly a function of being on a bigger Freedom class ship vs. a small Vision class, where it's a lot easier to keep track of the major events being celebrated.

Maybe Murphy's law just bit you on that trip.  Our Allure cruise was a 50th for me and a 25th for us.   The cruise was during the same month as the anniversary at least, it was a few months different than my birthday.  Our TA asked us about that it when we booked and asked which days we wanted them to be recognized.   On those nights, they brought out a special dessert at dinner.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 7:39 PM, JLMoran said:

Unfortunately, nothing at all until my wife and I mentioned it to our head waiter on our second formal night. We then got sung to the next night, along with getting a slice of cake with "happy anniversary" on the plate. Apart from that, we got nothing at all. 😢

To be fair, I'm guessing most people don't really get any recognition beyond that, although it looks like @mom2mybugs got better / a lot more recognition on her recent sailing. I'm guessing it's partly a function of being on a bigger Freedom class ship vs. a small Vision class, where it's a lot easier to keep track of the major events being celebrated.

I think my travel agent logged it in our account.  It might also be that I bought the decorations for the room.  We also had an amazing stateroom attendant who might have said something.  I was very surprised though that they were ready for us even when we only went to the dining room a couple of times and had a different waiter!  Jane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 11:28 AM, JLMoran said:

I woke up this morning, realized that tomorrow we board our flight, and started singing, "One more dawn! One more day! OOOOONE DAAAAAAAAY MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!" My wife joined in

lol

I love this! Your blog was awesome! Thanks for the detail AND the musical theater humor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...