Variation on an age-old theme

We are considering a cruise where my husband and I would occupy one suite, and our son (age 19) would be in an adjoining/connecting suite. I would be booking it. Could our son's name appear as the sole occupant of the cabin? Or is he still at the age where he would need to have an adult listed on the booking for that cabin? The cruise would be out of North America. If he is at an age where he can be the sole occupant, would he receive triple CA points? 

2 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Could our son's name appear as the sole occupant of the cabin?

I'm fairly certain 18+ is no problem for any cabin any where on the ship.

2 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

If he is at an age where he can be the sole occupant, would he receive triple CA points? 

Yep.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

My understanding from our past bookings with our minor children is that they can be named as the sole occupants of the room as long as it’s connecting or adjacent to yours.

This is my understanding as well.  Connecting rooms can be any age and I believe 13+ can be rooms that are next door (but not connecting) or across the hall.

The real question is why are you giving the triple points to your son and not you or your husband!

49 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

The real question is why are you giving the triple points to your son and not you or your husband!

Fair question, and thank you! My husband and I just made Diamond. My son is two 7 night sailings (in a suite)away from Diamond. 

56 minutes ago, billdauterive said:

I thought the exact same thing! lol

9 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

My husband and I just made Diamond. My son is two 7 night sailings (in a suite)away from Diamond.

Ah...that is good parenting lol, not like us when we ditched our freeloaders to sail Icon inaugural and they were in exam week lol

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I thought the exact same thing! lol

Ah...that is good parenting lol, not like us when we ditched our freeloaders to sail Icon inaugural and they were in exam week lol

Yeah, normally I would grab those points, but DS still vacays with us. He will be on his own C&A point pursuit once he has graduated from dental school (that's his plan. We'll see). 🙂

17 hours ago, billdauterive said:

I'm fairly certain 18+ is no problem for any cabin any where on the ship.

Definitely has to be 21 in North America.  We are unexpectedly adopting an almost 18 year old, and thankfully have a large group going on our NYE cruise.  I had to borrow an adult from another room to switch into his room reservation because despite him being 18 by then, the rule is 21 (my husband and I were already in separate rooms because we have 4 other kids).  Had we been able to get him a connecting/adjoining room it wouldn't have been an issue because his age wouldn't matter, but GTY was cheapest so we needed an adult.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:23 AM, Baked Alaska said:

Yeah, normally I would grab those points, but DS still vacays with us. He will be on his own C&A point pursuit once he has graduated from dental school (that's his plan. We'll see). 🙂

And after his nice parents do the triple points trick it sounds like he is just a 7 night in an interior from diamond

my kids all get Emerald perks but were no more than platinum points when they turned 18 and disconnected from my level