Changing cruise dates

My husband and I have booked a cruise in December on Odyssey OTS to Bahamas/Perfect Day. This will be our 4th cruise on this itinerary in the last 2 years. We saw that there is a longer itinerary on Odyssey OTS to islands we have never been to and would love to switch to that sailing.  We have only put down a deposit for our current cruise on Odyssey so far. Would we be able to move that deposit to the other sailing or would we have to cancel and lose the money? I heard somewhere that Royal might just charge a fee to switch, but I can't find that in writing. I would be okay with paying a fee to switch sailings. Before I call Royal, I thought I would ask and see if anyone has been successful in moving to a different sailing. 

41 minutes ago, Scarlett625 said:

My husband and I have booked a cruise in December on Odyssey OTS to Bahamas/Perfect Day. This will be our 4th cruise on this itinerary in the last 2 years. We saw that there is a longer itinerary on Odyssey OTS to islands we have never been to and would love to switch to that sailing.  We have only put down a deposit for our current cruise on Odyssey so far. Would we be able to move that deposit to the other sailing or would we have to cancel and lose the money? I heard somewhere that Royal might just charge a fee to switch, but I can't find that in writing. I would be okay with paying a fee to switch sailings. Before I call Royal, I thought I would ask and see if anyone has been successful in moving to a different sailing. 

Don't cancel - change. If you put down a non-refundable deposit your deposit will transfer to the new cruise. There will be a $100 per person change fee added to the cost of the new cruise due at final payment. I just moved 2 cruises within the last month and one last year too. If you used a travel agent, you can have them take care of this for you.

Was able to call RC and switch to the different itinerary. I was charged $100 per person for the switch but I'm okay with that. Although I did have to pay that $200 fee today. 

Question, though... I keep hearing about a refundable deposit but whenever I book through the website, I don't see that option anywhere in the process. Is that something that can only be done by calling RC directly or through an agent? 

2 hours ago, Scarlett625 said:

Was able to call RC and switch to the different itinerary. I was charged $100 per person for the switch but I'm okay with that. Although I did have to pay that $200 fee today. 

Question, though... I keep hearing about a refundable deposit but whenever I book through the website, I don't see that option anywhere in the process. Is that something that can only be done by calling RC directly or through an agent? 

As I understand it, the refundable deposit option is the very last step before booking the cruise.  In other words, you've already entered all passenger information and are ready to put down your deposit and somewhere on that page, you can choose to pay a bit more to make the cruise refundable.  Note this option is not available for suites (and I don't remember if junior suites count for this).  It's probably easy to miss in the excitement of finalizing the booking and I believe that is intentional.

Isn’t it true that if you book next cruise it will always be non-refundable even if you transfer to TA.
 The good thing about booking with next cruise is the $100 deposit.  If you wait until last few days of cruise, the $200 deposit seems to drop to $100. At least that is how it was for me.

1 hour ago, Gilley said:

Isn’t it true that if you book next cruise it will always be non-refundable even if you transfer to TA.

You can book refundable at NextCruise. However you would have to put up the full deposit amount and you also wouldn't get the OBC bonus for booking with NextCruise.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Which kind of defeats the purpose of NextCruise.

If you are onboard and need to secure your booking, it works. There's a teeny bit of OBC with it usually..I had $38 once for an interior and $76 for a balcony.

I purchased a NC certificate via the app three weeks ago while on Oasis. I thought I had seen OBC as part of the offer, but I don't see it on the certificate. Where would I locate it? I didn't see it on the booking either (which was made last week).

39 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

I purchased a NC certificate via the app three weeks ago while on Oasis. I thought I had seen OBC as part of the offer, but I don't see it on the certificate. Where would I locate it? I didn't see it on the booking either (which was made last week).

It won't show up until you actually book a cruise. Since the NC certs in the app last a bit longer, you have 30-60 days to book in order to get the OBC, which will vary based on sailing length and cabin type.

24 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It won't show up until you actually book a cruise. Since the NC certs in the app last a bit longer, you have 30-60 days to book in order to get the OBC, which will vary based on sailing length and cabin type.

Yes, thanks. I booked the cruise last week. I didn't see it on the booking.

Edit: I found it! Thank you @Ampurp85!

Edited by Baked Alaska