reserving a casita on symphony

2 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

I just reserved a casita on my cruise on symphony in 3 months but it didn't say if it was an ocean facing view or pool side.  (and it didn't give me an option to choose) how do I make sure it is a pool side one?

There are no poolside casitas; they are all on the deck above the pool.

The vast majority do face the pool but some are set farther back and if I remember right only a couple are set a bit closer to the overlook.

You need to go to the Mast Bar on deck 16, which is where the casitas are located, to select the one you want. I would suggest going up there as soon as you board to see which ones suit you best and then heading to the Mast Bar as soon as it opens to ask about selecting. I have read that you don't have to wait till the day of your actual booking to do this but don't have first-hand experience so can't say if it's correct.

Also, just FYI, the sides of the casitas are slatted so they do let in the wind and the amount of shade they provide varies over the course of the day depending on the position of both the sun and the ship. The padded loungers looked very comfy.

I will be cruising on symphony in July and have purchased one.  Would love to see what they look like on this ship and where they are located.  Are there some that are close to one another?  If someone sailing on her now could  take some pictures?  Very much appreciate it!  Thank You!

4 hours ago, DisneyParkLady said:

I will be cruising on symphony in July and have purchased one.  Would love to see what they look like on this ship and where they are located.  Are there some that are close to one another?  If someone sailing on her now could  take some pictures?  Very much appreciate it!  Thank You!

I don't have a closer view of them but if you zoom in on this pic you can see some of them across the pool.

PXL_20240215_163248360.thumb.jpg.fcb616f058f37561265d1f1047917243.jpg

16 hours ago, FionaMG said:

There are no poolside casitas; they are all on the deck above the pool.

The vast majority do face the pool but some are set farther back and if I remember right only a couple are set a bit closer to the overlook.

You need to go to the Mast Bar on deck 16, which is where the casitas are located, to select the one you want. I would suggest going up there as soon as you board to see which ones suit you best and then heading to the Mast Bar as soon as it opens to ask about selecting. I have read that you don't have to wait till the day of your actual booking to do this but don't have first-hand experience so can't say if it's correct.

Also, just FYI, the sides of the casitas are slatted so they do let in the wind and the amount of shade they provide varies over the course of the day depending on the position of both the sun and the ship. The padded loungers looked very comfy.

WHAT?!  the description said that they were poolside or ocean view.  I wouldn;t have spent the money if it wasn't poolside.  NOw I am confused (and concerned I won't get what I want)  I don't even see them in your picture.  WHere are they?  Is this symphony of the seas?

1 hour ago, Minuet888 said:

WHAT?!  the description said that they were poolside or ocean view.  I wouldn;t have spent the money if it wasn't poolside.  NOw I am confused (and concerned I won't get what I want)  I don't even see them in your picture.  WHere are they?  Is this symphony of the seas?

@AshleyDillo is correct. Just blow up picture with your finger. There are about 4 or 5 "huts" in photo along top deck. It's still very close to the pool. And you don't have to get up at dawn to find seats / steak your claim. But if not what you want or were expecting you can always still cancel.

Just a bit of advice. Do some research. Watch some YouTube tour videos of your ship. That will help you get a better visual. Then relax. My first cruise we didn't have message boards or YouTube tour videos. Well....we might have 2002? But it would have been news to me. Once you check out some videos, along with questions here. Relax. You will be much more prepared then most first time cruisers. First cruise is a learning experience and an adventure. Stay open to the excitement of the new. Enjoy.

6 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Yes, Symphony of the Seas. The picture was taken just last month. We were on board from 10 to 18 February.

8 hours ago, crq6481 said:

How do you get down to the pool? Are there stairs close to any of the casitas? 

4 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Thats what I want to know.

This will be the deciding factor if I cancel or not.

Yes. Some are located right by the staircases but even the ones farthest away are still pretty close. The lifts aren't far away either.

You should be able to cancel on board if you discover that it doesn't suit. When you cancel a cruise planner purchase on board the money is refunded as refundable on board credit. That means it posts to your onboard account and is automatically credited against your onboard expenses, including automatic gratuities if you've not pre-paid those. If you don't use it all up by the end of the cruise the remainder is refunded to your original form of payment.

On 3/3/2024 at 1:19 AM, Minuet888 said:

I just reserved a casita on my cruise on symphony in 3 months but it didn't say if it was an ocean facing view or pool side.  (and it didn't give me an option to choose) how do I make sure it is a pool side one?

I have done the Castia a couple of times on Oasis and will be doing it on the Symphony in August. 
Go the first day you get on ship (16) to see where they are located and choose what works best for you  They will write your name on a sheet with your location. If not sold out on the day you want, you can change. With the sun changing, I ended up switching on the day with getting sun only a few hours. On Oasis there was none with ocean view. 
There are some together, and there are some near stairs. We choose close to bar area and stairs. There was a button to press for staff but we have never needed to use it as they could always see us and were very attentive so we enjoyed being closer to bar.

We did  get an unexpected fruit platter while there both times we have used it. There is water on ice for your enjoyment as well. We enjoy it. I purchase when it’s on sale. For us not a necessity but nice not to have to look for seats and we use it for many hours and about the whole time.
It seats two so we usually get a chair next to us that is outside the Casita for my son if he comes