Short Cruise trend

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am a doing a B2B2B on freedom in May, it's a 4/3/4-night cruise for a total of 11days. I have some fears. I don't get off at PDCC or Nassau, the ports that will be visited. So none of those matters, I am worried about the food and pax though.  I did a B2B on Navigator a few years ago that was a 5 and 3 night.......it was an experience. 

My wife did a 3-4-3 B2B2B on Freedom last June (with different family member co-cruisers each leg). She didn't report any difference in the fellow passenger experience for the pair of 3 night weekends vs. the 4 night weekday. The food was repetitive, but since she doesn't venture far from her standard comfort zone that wasn't an issue. 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I am worried about the food and pax though

Food - As you know, this is subjective. I survived a 3/4 on Indy with no "extra" included venues but that was my only complaint. If I had ELF like you will, I would have been much happier.

Pax - You're a shenanigans-magnet... does the length of cruise really matter? I could tell you they were also fine on that 3/4 but it was in July (lots of families with tiny humans) and we somehow stay in our own little shenanigans-free bubble.

In all seriousness, given all you've been through based on the last few live blogs I've read, I think you'll be fine.

For the folks residing near a cruise port, a mini-cruise could work well.  For folks like me that it takes a 12-hour+  flight window plus a motel stay once I get to the cruise city, a mini-cruise would be a waste of travel resources.

That said, as I get multiple cruise offers in my mail box every week, the most recent ones have been for these abbreviated cruises.  Seems they are indeed trying to fill these rooms. 

P1000853.JPG

We did a 4 day shorty when our plans unexpectedly changed for a land vacation. We were flying to Florida anyway and used the vacation week with hotel stays on the bookend and a nice cruise Freedom sandwich in the middle. We had a blast and the cruise ended too quickly. If you're ever in a bind the short cruise is a great way to make some lemonade.