Oasis Lagoon at Perfect Day

Just now, Al Miller said:

Apparently if you want a pool without the "thump thump" rattling your brain you gotta stay on the ship.

Strongly disagree. Our go-to spot at PDCC is within ear shot of the music and not that far from the Oasis Bar but we don't find it loud at all.

To each his own but the Oasis pool is so large that I don't personally find it loud unless you're right on top of the DJ/bar.

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Married2Grumpy said:

I just watched a You Tube video from a couple weeks ago and they said there is no longer a DJ at Oasis Lagoon. Can anyone who crushed in the last few weeks confirm that?

I didn't even notice last month but yes, multiple people have confirmed that the DJ is no longer there. FWIW, the music sounded exactly the same to me and we always sit in the exact same spot not far from the swim up bar. There's just no human DJ there anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

I just visited last week and the Dj has been removed from oasis….the atmosphere was very different from when we visited in the past. I hope they bring the Dj back, as it was nice to hear music from a Dj other than the live bands on the ship. When the Dj was in oasis the music was loud in the area of the bar and when you walked over the bridge, but if you were in other area in the pool it wasn’t crazy loud. I have kids so will not be able to go to hide away beach. 

We booked the Hideaway for our upcoming cruise - got is relatively cheap and used onboard credit.... On our last visit to PDCC, you couldn't even get near the in-pool bar at Oasis Lagoon, and there were ZERO available chairs anywhere close to the pool. There are 4 of us, including our adult sons.

We're not loud party music people, but in the video's we've watch it looks like you can get far enough away from it, and still get the other benefits.  I can deal with it while in the pool or grabbing food/drink. We just want to be able to fairly easily find a place to site, not wait in really long lines for food or drink.  We hope that by paying for access to a premium area we will get what we are looking for.  If it proves to be too loud, or the lines are as bad as the Snack Shack, it will be the las time we pay for it.  Hopefully it works out and we go back again and again! 

7 minutes ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

On our last visit to PDCC, you couldn't even get near the in-pool bar at Oasis Lagoon, and there were ZERO available chairs anywhere close to the pool.

The pool bar itself tends to be crowded but there must have been a lot of people on PDCC that day. We've never had a problem getting our preferred seats by the pool (not right by the bar but not super far either). TBF, I've mostly been there either alone on Wonder or with a combo of Indy/Freedom. I'm sure it's different with a larger combo of ships. We also get off the ship ASAP but it still takes a while for the pool area to fill up.

The last time we were on Anthem and Independence was there - we did a full lap around the pool and couldn't find 4 chairs together (I don't think we saw two open together). This time we will be on Symphony and Allure will be there.  Based on that experience and the fact that there'd be two Oasis class ships there at once is part of why we decided to pay for access to Hideaway Beach 😉.  Really hope it works out...

PDCC.jpg

2 minutes ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

This time we will be on Symphony and Allure will be there.  Based on that experience and the fact that there'd be two Oasis class ships there at once is part of why we decided to pay for access to Hideaway Beach 😉.  Really hope it works out...

Yeah, that's a rough combo. Hope you enjoy Hideaway!

loud music and overcrowding on pdcc is an overblown concern that gets repeated far too often here and other places imo.  sorry but it's just irritating seeing speculations and outright untrue things being said.  been to coco cay on symphony, on freedom, on navigator and always with another ship there and it's much less busy/crazy than any other island stop.  getting on and off the ship is so easy and not too densely packed along the pier and things across the island are certainly more wide open than the pool deck on the ship on a sea day.  Royal went to great lengths to have the DJ for the people who want that vibe, first right next to the bar, then (likely after complaints) on the little island straight across from the bar with speakers pointing back to just one part of the bar to keep the noise contained and that worked really well, a few steps away and it dropped off fast.  yet still a certain group of people complained who could have gone to literally 99% of the other available 140 acres plus on the island and not been bothered.   

if you don't prepare at all and wander around at 12:30pm, then yes you might be disappointed on what's available and that's the same for the ship, but if you like to sleep in then consider a balcony where you have a nice layout spot 24/7 or as others suggest pay for one of the more private spots.

these concerns could be solved by a simple click around and reading on a site like this, watch some youtube videos, look at a map, lots of places to stretch out and explore and find space.  it's an investment of your money and your time, it's like buying any other big ticket item - a land vacation, a new car, a nice watch, a new tablet or laptop - if you don't do any research ahead of time and then are disappointed that you're lacking this or that, you wish you had gotten something else, sorry but that's on you.

2 hours ago, dr martini said:

cc is an overblown concern that gets repeated far too o

Comparing PDCC to anywhere else in the Caribbean seems a bit apples to oranges to me, but whatever.   I can't speak for any other posters, but nothing I wrote was speculation, it was my experience. Granted I've only been twice (and once was 1994!), so too small of a sample size to assume it is the same experience for everyone.  I am sure that's not the case.  I bet sometimes it far better and other times far worse.   We're early risers and watch more cruise video's than I do TV shows.  I really wanted to experience a "swim up" bar having never done that, but was a bit disappointed when we got there and it was 12 people deep and there were zero chairs anywhere near the pool.  We were the second ship to arrive.  We still had a great time at Co Co Cay, enjoyed it enough to go back again this year.  My point was that I just hope that paying for the experience at Hideaway Beach proves worth the spend.

19 minutes ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

We were the second ship to arrive.

That's a big negative factor. Getting up early doesn't help if the other ship has already disembarked. The three times I was there with another ship, in addition to both being Freedom class, we arrived at the same time and were let off our respective ships at essentially the same exact time.

By all means, try Hideaway if it's appealing to you, but if you're the 2nd ship there next time and are among the first to disembark, I would bet money that you could find seats by the pool. Not trying to convince to ditch Hideaway, just sharing some more context/experience.

5 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's a big negative factor. Getting up early doesn't help if the other ship has already disembarked. The three times I was there with another ship, in addition to both being Freedom class, we arrived at the same time and were let off our respective ships at essentially the same exact time.

By all means, try Hideaway if it's appealing to you, but if you're the 2nd ship there next time and are among the first to disembark, I would bet money that you could find seats by the pool. Not trying to convince to ditch Hideaway, just sharing some more context/experience.

Thanks very much! Sometimes timing is everything - like I said, we still really liked CoCo Cay and hope to visit again beyond this next cruise. I bet that if Hideaway Beach was there on our visit in 2022 the experience at Oasis would have been better, because the people on the island would have been more spread out. I'm sure that's part of what they built the new location.