First time in Star Class...whats included??

My wife and I are traveling on Oasis of the Seas in the Royal Loft Suite in January of 2026. I have see Matt's videos of Star class and know the basics of what is included with the room. But my question here is this. If you have used a Genie, what was one or two things you wish you had asked for but ended up not asking? Im looking to maximize our 8 night Southern Caribbean cruise. 

Star Class does not include complimentary bottles of wine or liquor delivered to your suite.  There will be a complimentary bottle of champagne (I think you can substitute wine if you let the Genie know ahead of time) on boarding day but that’s probably all you can expect for “free”.  It makes little sense to me since you can order virtually unlimited individual drinks to be delivered but they won’t bring you a bottle.  It is what it is.

You CAN get unlimited beer, wine, soda, water and juice stocked in your SC suite but you will have to pay for wine if you want it.  In years past, they kept your suite WELL stocked with beverages - sometimes even when you didn’t request them - but I think they are far more reserved with such things these days.  There was always waaay more than we could ever eat or drink on hand back then.  It’s a good policy change, IMO.

As the planner for a larger family, here is what I get out of Star class:  
1.  No need to plan meals and shows in advance;

2.  One person to answer all questions and arrange food.  

3.  Easy on and off the ship;

4.  No need to worry about family spending wantonly on whatever food and drink they desire;

5.  Easy access to activities and nursery arranged by genie.

To me, the genie is a personal planner and problem solver making the cruise a true vacation for me!  I’m not sure there is anything special to ask for; just look at what the ship has to offer and let the genie know what you want to do and what you want to eat.  They then tend to turn these wants into reality.

On 1/15/2024 at 2:33 PM, smokeybandit said:

I don't think there is a "must ask" list of things since everyone is different.

Im just curious, I have read that some cases people requested bottles of booze to be in their suite but other posts tell me no. I am a big fan of Gin and Tonics. If I am going to be hanging out in my suite during the sea days, I would think it would be easier to have a bottle of Botanist gin and a few bottles of tonic water and I will not bother anyone. What do you think the chances of this happening are?

3 hours ago, TheoneandonlyMICAH said:

Im just curious, I have read that some cases people requested bottles of booze to be in their suite but other posts tell me no. I am a big fan of Gin and Tonics. If I am going to be hanging out in my suite during the sea days, I would think it would be easier to have a bottle of Botanist gin and a few bottles of tonic water and I will not bother anyone. What do you think the chances of this happening are?

Very unlikely to have a bottled delivered. However, you could ask for several glasses, neat, to be delivered at once. Tonic, that can be readily stocked.

One of the best things is getting specialty dining delivered to you.  I believe that the add ons in specialty dining (eg lobster at chops) are also comp’d. Chefs table is included but you have to pay an add on for the wine. 

the reason they don’t deliver bottles is so that you don’t just take them home. They will deliver as many glasses of things as you like. 

I am looking forward to all the dinning options. The only draw back to this is I had gastric bypass and eat less than a 4 year old. Lol. However, being able to take my wife to 150 central park will be nice. We had eaten there way back in 2011 while sailing on Oasis for our 1 year annivery cruise. 

I will jave to ask for several glasses of the Botanist gin and then make my own G&Ts while being on the patio. Thanks for the tip.