Safety briefing in app?

• 2 weeks later...

FYI: I sent a DM to Royal Caribbean's Twitter/X account to ask about the availability (or rather, the lack) of the "Safety" icon and the Muster Station Map on the app. The reply stated that these features become available once on board.

(Perhaps these features are only available on the ship's wi-fi?)

1 hour ago, SPS said:

FYI: I sent a DM to Royal Caribbean's Twitter/X account to ask about the availability (or rather, the lack) of the "Safety" icon and the Muster Station Map on the app. The reply stated that these features become available once on board.

(Perhaps these features are only available on the ship's wi-fi?)

They updated the app and you can see a few new options like "for you", "cruises" , "videos" - but the safety icon is not there (-yet).   It will show up closer to your cruise.

You can still find it, and see the vids and everything. If you go into the "daily planner" on the first day/embarkation day there is a icon reminding you to do the safety still. It you click that everything safety still comes up. 

On our last cruise in October on cruise day/embarkation I watched the video in the morning before we even left for the port at home. That counted, is that normal? I thought you had to watch it on the ship or in the terminal. 

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

You can still find it, and see the vids and everything. If you go into the "daily planner" on the first day/embarkation day there is a icon reminding you to do the safety still. It you click that everything safety still comes up. 

On our last cruise in October on cruise day/embarkation I watched the video in the morning before we even left for the port at home. That counted, is that normal? I thought you had to watch it on the ship or in the terminal. 

I’ve been able to watch the video from on the way to the port for a number of months now and have them marked completed.  Seems to work the morning of, and typically after 9:00/8:30-which is about the last time the prior cruisers get off the ship.  Makes sense since they need to “clear the cache” before letting us be marked as completed.