Need Help Figuring out Room from Bar Code

4 minutes ago, The Fox said:

There is no hyphen.

And this time the number is slightly different. I suppose that means they haven't assigned it yet.

Very possibly. Or I wonder if for some reason it's showing the opposite way round. Mine has 9 digits followed by a hyphen and then five more digits, so you have the same total number of digits as me. Is there a cabin 11118 on your ship? Just a guess that may be way off base.

15 minutes ago, The Fox said:

There is no hyphen.

And this time the number is slightly different. I suppose that means they haven't assigned it yet.

That's a new one for me. As mentioned above, there is usually a hyphen with your cabin after it.

Are on you on iPhone or Android? if iPhone, you can add it to your Apple Wallet instead of scanning it to see if it looks any different.

What ship? I remember reading recently of someone else who thought they had a room assignment where there wasn't a room, and the sleuths responding were able to figure out that rooms were being added to correspond with another ship or ships in the same class. The deck plans weren't updated yet because the rooms technically hadn't existed there before but theoretically would by the time of the sailing. 

Just now, jbrinkm said:

What ship? I remember reading recently of someone else who thought they had a room assignment where there wasn't a room, and the sleuths responding were able to figure out that rooms were being added to correspond with another ship or ships in the same class. The deck plans weren't updated yet because the rooms technically hadn't existed there before but theoretically would by the time of the sailing. 

I remember that too. They were on Oasis. The room didn’t show on that ship but it did on Harmony.

For my most recent cruise, which was a first using GTY booking, as soon as my Set Sail pass was available I added it to my Apple Wallet. It showed deck number and muster number and under room it showed GTY. But at the bottom, where the barcode was there was a 9 digit code then a hyphen and 4 other numbers. Those 4 numbers was the room number. I checked online to see what type of room it was and it was the type we reserved and in the end was our room. 

37 minutes ago, Mturk said:

For my most recent cruise, which was a first using GTY booking, as soon as my Set Sail pass was available I added it to my Apple Wallet. It showed deck number and muster number and under room it showed GTY. But at the bottom, where the barcode was there was a 9 digit code then a hyphen and 4 other numbers. Those 4 numbers was the room number. I checked online to see what type of room it was and it was the type we reserved and in the end was our room. 

That's how it normally works... which is why we're all so confused about the OP's situation.

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

My cabin number for my Symphony cruise showed up today, exactly 30 days out, and is the number revealed by reading the bar code.

We  had ours show up like you did...saw the cabin in Wallet...continued to show GTY and about 4 weeks out from the cruise showed up in our RC account.

I have a Samsung which is android. I had a GTY for my upcoming Mariner sailing. I was able to use the code to find out my room ay day 45 when I checked in. Room was officially assigned on Dec 30th, 16 days before I sailed. 

So, to say this is because the OP has an android device is not accurate. It must be an error; we all know Royal's IT isn't the best. 

34 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

So, to say this is because the OP has an android device is not accurate. It must be an error; we all know Royal's IT isn't the best.

No, definitely has nothing to do with the phone... just some weird glitch as you said.