Jet Ski Question at Coco Cay

NoobCruise

14 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

No, it states that the add on must be purchased in conjunction with a driver. We did the add ons because our teens can't drive themselves and we want to go as a family - but we booked them along with the jetski driving option in the planner. Also 😂 "drivers are not supplied"

2023-11-22(2).thumb.png.cee0a9a103b04a6c2d717489b737b1d9.png

Good to know. I almost purchased a passenger ticket just to ensure I wasn't driving around some rando.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

RC is missing out here!

Ride with someone you know: 29.99

Ride with a perfect stranger who could be insane: 49.99 - YOLO right?

At the rate they're nickel and diming everything, I wouldn't put it past them. We booked a jeep driving excursion in Grand Cayman thru Royal. I thought we were getting our own jeep to drive. Perhaps maybe I didn't read all the fine print, but we were forced to have 2 other passengers on the cruise go along in the jeep with us. Wasn't too happy about that.

8 minutes ago, USFFrank said:

At the rate they're nickel and diming everything, I wouldn't put it past them. We booked a jeep driving excursion in Grand Cayman thru Royal. I thought we were getting our own jeep to drive. Perhaps maybe I didn't read all the fine print, but we were forced to have 2 other passengers on the cruise go along in the jeep with us. Wasn't too happy about that.

wait what? who was driving the jeep? I hope a tour guide.  Either way 5 people in a regular jeep seems crowded. 

I wanted to give advice for when booking the jet ski times.  I had booked 3 jet skis drivers and passengers this past July and it was cancelled because of "weather".  The weather was perfect and my family was very disappointed.  Apparently, it is cancelled because of low tide.  I would have never of booked 1pm if I had known they cancel it when the tide is low.  Next time, I'll check the tide chart.

3 hours ago, USFFrank said:

We did a tour in Aruba with jeeps. They needed people who could drive stick to drive the other  jeep in the caravan, so I volunteered along with another guy.  The best excursion I've ever been on. I knew all the bumps and dips and puddles we were about to hit while those in the back only found out after the fact😈

12 hours ago, need2cruz said:

I wanted to give advice for when booking the jet ski times.  I had booked 3 jet skis drivers and passengers this past July and it was cancelled because of "weather".  The weather was perfect and my family was very disappointed.  Apparently, it is cancelled because of low tide.  I would have never of booked 1pm if I had known they cancel it when the tide is low.  Next time, I'll check the tide chart.

This is a good tip. I am booked for 1pm as well.  Unfortunately I am having difficulty finding a Feb 2024 tide chart.

17 hours ago, need2cruz said:

5 hours ago, NoobCruise said:

This is a good tip. I am booked for 1pm as well.  Unfortunately I am having difficulty finding a Feb 2024 tide chart.

This IS a good tip, but we're doing the zip line in the morning and I read that it sometimes also gets cancelled for wind in the afternoon, so I'm stuck with my 2pm on the jet skis (which is low tide also). @NoobCruise I found a tide chart on NOAA under "Caribbean islands" and then set it for Puerto Plata which is not far, on the same side of the island. You can set the date down below: 

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaatidepredictions.html?id=TEC4713&units=standard&bdate=20240325&edate=20240325&timezone=LST&clock=12hour&datum=MLLW&interval=hilo&action=dailychart 

• 1 month later...

Large waves cancel it more than anything. The earlier you can do it, the calmer the seas typically. We had a storm blow in one of the times and it was cancelled but we’re able to jump on a later time because someone no showed.

On 11/23/2023 at 1:05 PM, ckruetze said:

You forgot: Ride with a nice, half-naked person early 20th and opposite gender: 4999.99

Does this ever go "on sale"

just asking for a friend

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 5:06 PM, smokeybandit said:

RC is missing out here!

Ride with someone you know: 29.99

Ride with a perfect stranger who could be insane: 49.99 - YOLO right?

The irony(s) of your comment and screen name made me chuckle. If someone wanted to ride with a stranger and there was push back please tell me you'd be there to say "what we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law." - Sheriff Buford T. Justice.

1 hour ago, BallFour4 said:

The irony(s) of your comment and screen name made me chuckle. If someone wanted to ride with a stranger and there was push back please tell me you'd be there to say "what we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law." - Sheriff Buford T. Justice.

Smokey And The Bandit Smile GIF - SmokeyAndTheBandit Smile Bye - Discover & Share GIFs