Port Liberty Parking Bayonne NJ

Cruiser70

Hi

I was just wondering if any one has had the surprise at the cruise port that the parking garage was full due to an earlier cruise that had sailed. Our sailing left on 

a Thursday. 

Well we did!!  What an experience that was.  We had to park quite a distance away  in a opened area looked like is was going to be locked when filled. There was no one to let us know 

what was going on. It would have been beneficial to have at least the luggage porters or some to be there to let you know what was going on. The cost was still the same

amount!

Pat

Yes.  Oasis and Anthem get the garage.  The rest of the sailings tend to get the outdoor lots.  The lord that are “far away” have a shuttle that can bring you to the terminal.  The walk is about 3 long city blocks.  You can walk under the white tent to be protected from the weather and the sun.  All lots get secured. 

I don’t know how big the actual port’s property is but I always marvel at the fact that during the summer that there are, at most, 3 ships worth of passengers parked at the port - Oasis (soon to be Symphony), Liberty, and Celebrity (Summit, I believe). I know not everyone parks at the port but still…they guarantee parking for everyone.

5 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Yes.  Oasis and Anthem get the garage.  The rest of the sailings tend to get the outdoor lots.  The lord that are “far away” have a shuttle that can bring you to the terminal.  The walk is about 3 long city blocks.  You can walk under the white tent to be protected from the weather and the sun.  All lots get secured. 

We were on Oasis last month and the garage was closed for us, we parked in the lot right in front of the terminal- it was actually closer, I think. We walked out of the terminal, across the main access road and right to the car- then proceeded to pull right out into the street from there. At first we were a little worried about being left out in the open like that, but I think I preferred it due to the ease of getting in and out of the actual port from there. AND the porter walked our luggage out right to the car and put it in for us.  It's funny because we had to drive allll the way around the port area, felt like I was going to end up really far, then next thing I know I'm being directed right back in front of the building. 

We don't usually drive, we usually get dropped off. We live 30-40 minutes from Port Liberty. We have parked there i think 3 times. Once in the parking garage which I'm not a fan of actually. Parking garages kinda creep me out. Once we parked like right directly across in an overflow lot. That I liked best. Once we did park in an overflow lot that like between 2 old warehouses and that was a bit of a walk. It was kinda chaotic that time with cara everywhere. They had busses but that seemed like a hassle too. We did walk under that white long tent but that was for safety to avoid the traffic.