Panoramic OV staterooms

A big rumor that the Panoramic Ocean View Staterooms  are being reclassified as Suites, I'm booked on four cruises b2b 2017, 2018 and 2019 in this cabin type all on deck 12. Any truth to this, would be nice but not holding my breath.

Guest toodle68

Are these rooms worth the extra cost?  I have been toying with switching from an outside cabin to one of the Panoramic rooms but it's an extra $500..

I have never been in one of the panoramic OV cabins but I was in one of the family OV cabins on Serenade for a TA a number of years ago.  That cabin was very near the helipad/bow of the ship.  I guess people could have peered into our cabin had they wanted to do that but I guess I just never worried about it.  There is always the option to keep your curtains drawn if it's a concern.  It never was a problem for us on that particular cruise. I loved that room.  Very spacious and comfortable.

From what I remember from the Radiance class ships, it's very hard to see inside as if the windows were tinted or mirrored, although with the light on inside this would be easier. At night, it is my understanding that there's a sign telling guests to keep their drapes closed to prevent light bleed onto the bridge, so this is something to consider if you're one who likes to keep the drapes open at night before bed.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, Petegl said:

A big rumor that the Panoramic Ocean View Staterooms  are being reclassified as Suites, I'm booked on four cruises b2b 2017, 2018 and 2019 in this cabin type all on deck 12. Any truth to this, would be nice but not holding my breath.

What would justify reclassifying these as suites, besides the obvious, of charging more money?

1804 and 1854 are the only two rooms reclassified as Panoramic OV rooms suites on deck 12. They sleep six and have six floor to ceiling windows for views of the ocean only you could see from the bridge. We LOVE this room. We try book this room every chance we can. They do require 5+ people to book them further out. They also have 1 and 1/2 bathrooms so they are well worth the extra cost. They also get you double points being a suite. 

23 hours ago, afulton67 said:

1804 and 1854 are the only two rooms reclassified as Panoramic OV rooms suites on deck 12. They sleep six and have six floor to ceiling windows for views of the ocean only you could see from the bridge. We LOVE this room. We try book this room every chance we can. They do require 5+ people to book them further out. They also have 1 and 1/2 bathrooms so they are well worth the extra cost. They also get you double points being a suite. 

I've done a few dummy bookings and it's let me book the big OV's with 3 people.  But, I'm glad you mentioned the 5+, good to know I might not be so lucky when I actually do a real booking.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:24 PM, afulton67 said:

Which ship are you referring to?

On 8/7/2017 at 9:39 AM, RestingBirds said:

Just checked... Freedom, Liberty, Navigator, Explorer, Adventure, and Voyager appear to have the OV mentioned by @afulton67.

Based on the plans for those ships at cruisedeckplans.com, it looks like April 2018 is approximately the time when 1854 and 1804 switch over from "Family Panoramic Ocean View" to become "Ocean View Panoramic Suite".

On 8/5/2017 at 6:51 PM, Wilson said:

Looking forward to our first Panoramic OV on the Alaska group cruise. We were originally going to do a balcony, but that extra $1000 will cover our airfare and pre-cruise hotel.

That sounds like an awesome cruise to try a panoramic room on! 

9 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

Highly unlikely at this point. I want to do a GC badly but it's just not in our budget. :(  expensive sailings. 

I hear ya. This Harmony GC was definitely not in the budget, but I requested extra shifts in my part-time to make it happen. Hopefully you guys can make it happen. YOLO

22 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I hear ya. This Harmony GC was definitely not in the budget, but I requested extra shifts in my part-time to make it happen. Hopefully you guys can make it happen. YOLO

Well, now next year we have a couple trips out of town to scatter my brother's ashes. :57_cry: So, probably building that out around our cruising schedule. We'll see what 2019 looks like for us - I'd really like to make that happen. 

On 8/5/2017 at 5:51 PM, Wilson said:

Looking forward to our first Panoramic OV on the Alaska group cruise. We were originally going to do a balcony, but that extra $1000 will cover our airfare and pre-cruise hotel.

As will we! Cabin 1816 on the starboard...I'd like to be a little more forward than that, but Brock at MEI hooked me up after I asked for it too late.

4 hours ago, Spiegeje said:

As will we! Cabin 1816 on the starboard...I'd like to be a little more forward than that, but Brock at MEI hooked me up after I asked for it too late.

We will be close to ya in 1806. There are at least 6 Pano OV cabins booked as part of the GC that I am aware of. . 

• 2 weeks later...

I loved my panoramic OV on Liberty last year way more than a balcony. Especially if it's less expensive, definitely the way to go. It felt really private, much more than a balcony does, and Deck 12 was a perk for us pool-lovers. I'm sure the family panoramic OVs are awesome, and making them suites seems to make sense.

A sidenote, though, for what it's worth: I would not recommend panoramic OVs to anyone who might get seasick.