Reservations needed Solarium bistro for dinner?

RCIfan1912

We have 119 days till Anthem to Coco Cay and we have never stepped foot in the Solarium bistro becauseĀ šŸ¤£Ā stupid me honestly thought like the solarium itself kids were not allowed. I know pretty dumb. Anyway we really want to try it for dinner one night. Do you need to make reservations and can you do that pre-boarding?Ā 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I don't see it on the app. Is it only on the cruise planner on the website?Ā 

Possibly. I pretty much only use the website to book things pre-cruise. I canā€™t check for you b/c there is no Bistro dinner on Allure. They use it for Samba Grill (Brazilian steakhouse). Sorry.

16 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Possibly. I pretty much only use the website to book things pre-cruise. I canā€™t check for you b/c there is no Bistro dinner on Allure. They use it for Samba Grill (Brazilian steakhouse). Sorry.

It's not available to book either way so maybe just too far out of Anthem does things a bit different and only on board booking? I'll keep my eye out for it to be available. Thanks for the help.Ā 

I concur with @Ampurp85Ā re: Bistro dinner.Ā  It is really (IMO) nothing more than a quieter Windjammer meal.Ā  Back in "the day" they used to have a buffet area for things like salads, sides, desserts, etc. but they brought your main course to you from the kitchen.Ā  Not any more....at least, in my experience.Ā  It's ALL buffet now and as I am not a fan of buffets, in general, I found it to be disappointing.Ā  It's better than the WJ b/c it's less hectic but there are also fewer options...Ā  Anyway, it is what it is....

11 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I concur with @Ampurp85Ā re: Bistro dinner.Ā  It is really (IMO) nothing more than a quieter Windjammer meal.Ā  Back in "the day" they used to have a buffet area for things like salads, sides, desserts, etc. but they brought your main course to you from the kitchen.Ā  Not any more....at least, in my experience.Ā  It's ALL buffet now and as I am not a fan of buffets, in general, I found it to be disappointing.Ā  It's better than the WJ b/c it's less hectic but there are also fewer options...Ā  Anyway, it is what it is....

Oh wow that's not good. The kitchen part is that I read looking forward to. A quieter Windjammer is welcome though because I have to say, I absolutely hate the Windjammer. I mean the food is good but too much chaos for me. I really hate it more and more. Again for the food but the chaos and rudeness and all that.Ā 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have only seen it in CP.

Just imho........While the Bistro is a nice relaxing area I found the food to be very lackluster. It's mostly Mediterranean options and if you aren't a fan of that cuisine, you probably won't be satisfied.

Is this for dinner, too?

I saw on the Cruise Planner that the Bistro has a menu and all, so I would assume that it was table service with those items, and not a buffet. Earlier this year i had lunch there and it was a small buffet - still nice because yay no crowds!

But the idea of sacrificing a table-service dinner for a buffet doesn't sound appealing at all to me, at least. So if it's just buffet, I might cancel and just go to the MDR.

1 hour ago, Gilley said:

Iā€™m on in Anthem in 7 days. Ā I donā€™t see the ability to book solarium bistro in the Ā cp or the website.

ā€˜I was on Anthem 3 years Ā ago reservations were not required to eat at Bistro. Ā I do understand things changed over the years.

I wonder if reservations were scrapped after switching from the kitchen service, for the entrees, to having them on the buffet?

When I was on Anthem back in July I booked it on the app after I boarded. That way I was able to book it for a night when we didn't fancy the MDR menu.

Currently, I can book in the app for my Symphony cruise in February but not for my Anthem cruise next September, so like everything else Royal there's probably no one-size-fits-all approach. The best thing to do is just keep checking.

As for what it's like, I was underwhelmed but DD really enjoyed it. You won't know until you try. If you don't like it you can always grab something else somewhere and at least you won't be out of pocket.

34 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

When I was on Anthem back in July I booked it on the app after I boarded. That way I was able to book it for a night when we didn't fancy the MDR menu.

Currently, I can book in the app for my Symphony cruise in February but not for my Anthem cruise next September, so like everything else Royal there's probably no one-size-fits-all approach. The best thing to do is just keep checking.

As for what it's like, I was underwhelmed but DD really enjoyed it. You won't know until you try. If you don't like it you can always grab something else somewhere and at least you won't be out of pocket.

Well thank you very much. That pretty much settles it. I guess it's not a thing Anthem does anymore or right now. Thank you and yeah we want to try it. Like it said we can always go somewhere else if it's not for us. We aren't picky like at all so I think we'll be ok.Ā