WOW bands-still in use, cost, pros and cons

SassyFeather

52 minutes ago, SassyFeather said:

Does it do everything that the Sea Pass does? Any pros and cons to it? Thank you!

Almost.  It does not get you on and off of the ship when in port.  It can be a pain to take them off for a bartender.  That being said, I still prefer them over carrying my card;

18 hours ago, SassyFeather said:

Does it do everything that the Sea Pass does? Any pros and cons to it? Thank you!

We had them once and never used them again because for the kids club you needed the SeaPass card, not the bands.  Since we still have kids who use the kids club, we always need the Sea Pass card.  If you don't have kids then this isn't an issue and the bands would be more useful. Also as stated above you need the SeaPass to scan off and on the ship.

This is what is great about this blog site!  I had no idea RCL had something like this.  I knew we couldn't get our Seas Pass cards punched on the newer ships because they are RFID instead of bar code and we adapted using the stupid plastic sleeves for putting the cards on the lanyards.  We sail on Wonder in two weeks and I am all in on this WOW Band.  Easy, waterproof alternative in the pool.  We will see if the wife will give up her "bling lanyard".  

On 9/29/2023 at 2:53 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

...or you can have an old one reprogrammed.  Dan did this a few cruises ago....on Wonder, I think.

Ahh nice, you can still get an old one reprogrammed? I have a couple knocking about somewhere, might be handy for our next Cruise on Anthem.
Any fee for doing that do you know?

No fee for reprogramming an old WOW band.  Side note:  In the past, they have been hesitant to reprogram a WOW band that has a lifeboat designation on it.  The one that Dan has (and had reprogrammed) did not have a lifeboat designation on it.  I have read of them reprogramming even the ones with the lifeboat designation, but I think your best chances of getting one reprogrammed would be one of the "blank" bands.  Not sure what the answer would be if you brought one to be reprogrammed with a lifeboat designation on it.  Good luck !!!

On 10/2/2023 at 2:45 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

No fee for reprogramming an old WOW band.  Side note:  In the past, they have been hesitant to reprogram a WOW band that has a lifeboat designation on it.  The one that Dan has (and had reprogrammed) did not have a lifeboat designation on it.  I have read of them reprogramming even the ones with the lifeboat designation, but I think your best chances of getting one reprogrammed would be one of the "blank" bands.  Not sure what the answer would be if you brought one to be reprogrammed with a lifeboat designation on it.  Good luck !!!

Ohh must check which ones we have, thanks for that

Big con - tan line. When we were at Disney World two summers ago and the band was the only way to access the parks and hotel room or to pay for stuff on the account, mine stayed in my pocket except when in specific use.

Disclaimer: I also haven't worn a watch for over 30 years. If you're accustomed to having something on your wrist, probably no big deal. For me, if the option exists to NOT wear something I won't wear it.