Senior officer on Vision Class ship said this during the Top Tier event

Greetings all... 

Hope you're doing well. I'm cruising on a Vision class ship this week ( ports are Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman). 
During the Top Tier event on day 2, a Senior Officer ( not the captain) talked up the benefits of the Vision class ships-- compared to the Radiance class ships. He then made the statement " we are going to sell those Radiance class ships-- do you know any buyers?" 

While every cruise ship has its life span, the Radiance class ships are newer than the Vision Class. 

Can't wait for your comments! 

Welcome to the message boards.

Unfortunately, crew members (even senior officers) will say things like this and it's more conjecture/opinion/rumors than stated facts. Within the industry, there's a lot of chatter about what any line may do.

Bottom line, no ships have been sold and right now the market for buying ships is still pretty slim.

Take what they said with a grain of salt and not as confirmation of anything.

On 9/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, CruiserGirl said:

Greetings all... 

Hope you're doing well. I'm cruising on a Vision class ship this week ( ports are Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman). 
During the Top Tier event on day 2, a Senior Officer ( not the captain) talked up the benefits of the Vision class ships-- compared to the Radiance class ships. He then made the statement " we are going to sell those Radiance class ships-- do you know any buyers?" 

While every cruise ship has its life span, the Radiance class ships are newer than the Vision Class. 

Can't wait for your comments! 

Sounds like a jab in jest directed at another department at work. It's supposed to be funny, not taken literally.

Thanks for sharing.  It's always fun to hear these things, although I too believe it was meant in jest.

The unfortunate truth is that these ships (vision and radiance classes) will eventually leave the fleet.  While I expect it will be a few years, we're probably closer to the end of their lives than the beginning.