Just did the QR code scan hack 6348

RCIfan1912

Just did the QR code scan hack because this is our first guarantee balcony before and I think it's a pretty good location. What do you think. Liberty of the seas 6348 cabin number. It's right at the end of the hump which I guess will hurt our view forward but not back. Looks like no real obstructions other than hump. It's kinda on the middle of the ship very what I can tell too. For a guarantee balcony not much too complain about I don't think. Let me know what you think? 

Everyone has an opinion on what makes a stateroom "perfect". I checked the deck plan and to me it's close to perfect:

- Near elevators.

- Walking distance to the Café Promenade is acceptable. Being someone that likes to grab a cup of coffee and take it to my stateroom, that's a huge bonus.

- Above you have a stateroom, and below a bathroom. I've read that sometimes being above a bar/nighclub might be bad. This shouldn't be an issue.

4 minutes ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

I second this.......missed out on what this is.  Our son has a balcony guarantee room on Wonder in 2024 so really curious

I don’t think it’s a QR code. 

The hack is putting your set sail pass into your Apple wallet and the last 4 digits of the bar code is your cabin number 

6 minutes ago, MO & LO on the go! said:

I second this.......missed out on what this is.  Our son has a balcony guarantee room on Wonder in 2024 so really curious

13 minutes ago, KJ777 said:

What is this bar code trick?  I think I'm late to the party as usual.

It's super easy and it was my first time trying it. Once you "check in" and you have your set sail pass you QR code scan the bar code on the side. You'll see a bunch of numbers come up and the last 4 digits are your room number. Been reading about it for years and was anxious to try it but we never had a GTY balcony before so this was our first chance. Super easy. 

Bar Code Trick

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

NOTE: If you see "GTY" instead of numbers, you truly haven't been assigned yet. One tip off is that if you don't see a muster station on your set sail pass then you almost definitely don't have an assignment yet.

20 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I've wanted to try it for years 🤣 but just haven't ever had a GTY balcony before. Worked very well, very easy. 

I tried it for the first time ever on my recent Anthem cruise. We had booked an oceanview guarantee. When I saw we'd been allocated an OV all the way forward on deck 3, I decided to try a bid on Royal Up and ended up with a large balcony cabin for just $50pp extra! 😊

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I tried it for the first time ever on my recent Anthem cruise. We had booked an oceanview guarantee. When I saw we'd been allocated an OV all the way forward on deck 3, I decided to try a bid on Royal Up and ended up with a large balcony cabin for just $50pp extra! 😊

Congrats!

We only book interiors and had always booked GTY's and just waited to be assigned and then moved them probably 95% of the time just because I could for free (the location was fine with us for most, but if there's something we prefer, why wouldn't I move for free?)

On one of our last GTY's we were going be stuck down on deck 3... and a super low deck is the only place I really don't want to be. So we put in some tiny bids as another way to ensure we got out of the basement just in case I couldn't move us. We ended up winning a promenade view for some insignificant amount of money ($15pp maybe, I forget). Turned out we weren't huge fans of the promenade view, lol, but at least we were on a middle deck.

30 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

We have bids for all the suites through Royal UP. Hopefully we win as you did. There are a ton of suites still open so we are 🙏 it comes through.