Maui cancellation

Born2cruise

We  are  "ALMOST Diamond"  members, and I know no one cares.. But we do cruise alot... This upcoming cruise is our MOST DISAPPOINTMENT IN RCCL.. When Maui suffered the fire, which distroyed an area we frequent often, I NEVER dreamed RCCL would desert the people of MAUI.. The other port in Kahului is OPEN and has MANY things of interest to OFFER TOURIST-- which is greatly needed in Maui right now.  HOW UNCOMPASSIONATE of YOU... to not even consider their needs as well as the other guest on board who wanted to CONTRIBUTE and give the people of MAUI HOPE.   If it wasnt for penality fees- we would have cancelled. Who wants to see YVR and Honolulu TWICE in one cruise.   VERY POOR PLANNING ON RCCL 

ALMOST Diamond?  Well that changes everything.

Clearly Royal should have just driven the ship into the pier at Kahului to beat NCL or Carnival or whoever had it booked that day (since it can only take one small ship).  Obviously they didn't notice an ALMOST Diamond member was on board, none other than someone who is @Born2cruise.  

The fact that Kahului can't accommodate the largest cruise to ever visit the Hawaiian Island be damned!  We all know all the Captain has to do is apply full power and jamn it in there!  Make the ship fit!  It's not about maritime safety or small things like having approval to dock, my goodness, an ALMOST Diamond member is on the ship!

Indeed!  What were thinking?!?!?

"Arrr Captain.  Hold my beer while I find us a port to visit. "

12 hours ago, twangster said:

Kahului can't accommodate the largest cruise to ever visit the Hawaiian Island be damned!  We all know all the Captain has to do is apply full power and jamn it in there!  Make the ship fit! 

"Welcome aboard folks.  The gangway's up and we'll be preparing to set sail from Kahului momentarily..."

200w.gif

1 hour ago, USCG Teacher said:

"Welcome aboard folks.  The gangway's up and we'll be preparing to set sail from Kahului momentarily..."

200w.gif

Again, your "kindness" is appreciated. You seem to be missing the point, however, whether we are gold, emerald , diamond... ect. its the point that RCCL should have given full refunds or at the very least vouchers --- when you have completly cancelled the best island in Hawaii.  We are a party of 6 and I know that doesnt matter to you either.. There are a lot of very disappointed people booked on this cruise, with  no other any recourse. Have a great weekend

I've used my Diamond status to talk to the captain and in telling him how upset I am; we've decided that we are going to Lahaina for two days after all!

All passengers are going to be required to get off both days and work 12 hour shifts cleaning the mess up. Heavy lifting, long pants, and closed toe shoes required. Box lunch by others.

On 9/2/2023 at 11:59 AM, Born2cruise said:

Again, your "kindness" is appreciated. You seem to be missing the point, however, whether we are gold, emerald , diamond... ect. its the point that RCCL should have given full refunds or at the very least vouchers --- when you have completly cancelled the best island in Hawaii.  We are a party of 6 and I know that doesnt matter to you either.. There are a lot of very disappointed people booked on this cruise, with  no other any recourse. Have a great weekend

Keep moving those goal posts, champ.  Sooner or later you're sure hit a point that people agree with you about!

• 3 weeks later...

Many cruise lines schedule stops in Maui.  I see with CruiseMapper that Norwegian presses on with Kahului Harbor in Maui.  I see Spirit there now and of course Pride of America is there every week.  I'm no expert but it looks like one cruise line berth to me and it may be dedicated to Norwegian.  Of course, tender is an option with Hawaii approval.

image.thumb.png.9b7656d887994efa83fd8302f81015be.png