Kettle in your room

Macfoot

6 hours ago, Macfoot said:

Just wondering if anyone can help as  this is our first time cruising  

is there a kettle in your room so that you can have your 1st cup of tea or coffee in the morning? 
if no what do people do for that first cup to get you going in the morning 
thanks 

Junior suite or higher will have coffee machine of sorts. So new cruisers will trek to Windjammer or coffee shop on promenade or order room service. Ships vary in sources--location/size. Check deck plans for your ship. Usually it's hard to get coffee before 6 am. Cruise Compass will have hours of operation. See link at top of page.

Anthem definitely has kettles, I think largely because of sailing from the UK. If that's your ship and you have a particular brand that you like, bring some with you in case the offerings on the ship are not to your liking - e.g. despite sailing from the UK in summer season, you'll not find Brit favourites such as PG Tips or Tetley.

I've not seen kettles in any of our cabins on other ships (note that we don't sail in suites).

35 minutes ago, Macfoot said:

What about taking a thermos cup would I be able to fill it up with hot water the night before as I could probably get milk also from a drinks station? 

Sure. People bring water bottles and travel mugs for various reasons. Just don't put your own container under a public drink/water dispenser.

13 hours ago, Macfoot said:

Just wondering if anyone can help as  this is our first time cruising  

is there a kettle in your room so that you can have your 1st cup of tea or coffee in the morning? 
if no what do people do for that first cup to get you going in the morning 
thanks 

There’s absolutely no shortage of coffee or tea onboard so you shouldn’t have any issues. I’ve seen tea in the windjammer and at cafe promenade. As for coffee, there are drip machines in the above mentioned locations at all hours of the day & night but if you are a coffee snob like me, speciality coffee shop (possibly Starbucks depending on ship) opens at 06:00.

10 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

Look at USB travel kettles that look like a thermos.  The are easy to pack and can be used anywhere.  

And most likely not allowed as they are a fire hazard, this type of thing is often confiscated.  Ships are typically very cautious as fire is the biggest danger to any ship.  Easiest just to get free coffee/continental breakfast from room service. You tell them what time and they will bring you a carafe of coffee, decaf, or hot water for tea.

6 hours ago, emmef said:

And most likely not allowed as they are a fire hazard, this type of thing is often confiscated.  Ships are typically very cautious as fire is the biggest danger to any ship.  Easiest just to get free coffee/continental breakfast from room service. You tell them what time and they will bring you a carafe of coffee, decaf, or hot water for tea.

17 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

Look at USB travel kettles that look like a thermos.  The are easy to pack and can be used anywhere.  

I believe those have a cord to plug in, and most likely are not allowed.  Pretty much anything with a cord, except hair dryers, are not allowed.  

• 5 months later...
On 8/28/2023 at 5:31 PM, Linda R said:

I believe those have a cord to plug in, and most likely are not allowed.  Pretty much anything with a cord, except hair dryers, are not allowed.  

I wonder if the kettles that use USB would be different than the ones that plug in with a regular power cable? Like the difference between bringing a usb charger (allowed) vs a surge protector (not allowed). The USB typically comes completely unplugged from the kettle.