Bayonne Parking

Ty Work

From everything I've gathered, on port is the easiest and safest option. It's 30 bucks a night but the convenience of being able to drop off your luggage, then go park right there, and then to be able to just get in the car and leave at the end seem well worth it to me. We are going in October and looked at the hotel park and stay options but we only live about 90 minutes away so that doesn't seem worth it to us. IF that is something you would like to look into, here is a site for that: https://www.trinityreservations.com/hoteloptions.php

There is a helpful thread on this topic if you can do a search to find it.  I highly recommend parking at the port - it's super easy and convenient.  I was impressed with how organized it was upon arrival.  It also felt great to get off the ship, walk to the car, and hit the road.  All other cruises that we've been on have involved flying to FL.  We're sailing out of Bayonne in Dec., and I'm looking forward to it.  

15 hours ago, teddy said:

We’re driving down from Maine this coming February and staying at the Springhill Suites Newark Airport the night before our cruise.  They have a stay and cruise (park) option.   I found quite a few stay/park/cruise hotels via the Marriott Bonvoy app. 

We will be flying into Newark (October 2023) and staying at Springhill Suites Newark Airport the night before.  When I called them to see if they have a shuttle to the port, they said no and we should have them schedule us a taxi when we arrive for the next day.  How are you planning to getting to the port?

1 hour ago, whitsmom said:

We will be flying into Newark (October 2023) and staying at Springhill Suites Newark Airport the night before.  When I called them to see if they have a shuttle to the port, they said no and we should have them schedule us a taxi when we arrive for the next day.  How are you planning to getting to the port?

We are going with our two young granddaughters and our son + dil, so we are going to use a car service.  I don’t know which one…my wife has been dealing with that.   I’ll try to remember to find out. 

We are booked on Odyssey in Jan 2025 and I found a room with parking at the Courtyard Newark Elizabeth that includes “transportation to the cruise port”.  We’re not sure what it exactly is, but it’s just the two of us on this cruise so it’s not a big deal. 

1 hour ago, teddy said:

We are going with our two young granddaughters and our son + dil, so we are going to use a car service.  I don’t know which one…my wife has been dealing with that.   I’ll try to remember to find out. 

We are booked on Odyssey in Jan 2025 and I found a room with parking at the Courtyard Newark Elizabeth that includes “transportation to the cruise port”.  We’re not sure what it exactly is, but it’s just the two of us on this cruise so it’s not a big deal. 

I would be interested in what car service you will be using.  This is the route I prefer is at all possible.  Thanks in advance.

I don't have first-hand experience of staying in a hotel and using their cruise shuttle but I have heard many people's frustrations about using them. The biggest complaint I have heard was families sitting at the terminal for hours on end waiting for the return trip back to the hotel.

I do have first-hand experience in parking at Cape Liberty and it is a very smooth process, even if there are multiple ships using the port at the same time. As soon as we stepped off of Liberty, passed customs, and collected our luggage, we were in the car and on the road in less than 15 minutes.

17 minutes ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

We are in eastern PA, about an hour and a half from Bayonne via I-78 near Allentown. We are almost at the point where a limo to the port is the same price as parking there is for a one week cruise.

We are 35-40 minutes from Cape Liberty and we are thinking of getting a limo/car service also. We aren't gonna drive but don't want to inconvenience any family members either. 

We’re down by LBI. The cheapest Uber or Lyft would be more expensive than just driving ourselves and parking at the port. We paid $270 to park at Cape Liberty for a 9-night cruise. And it’s less than $20 in tolls between the Parkway and Turnpike. An Uber or Lyft was about $200 each way plus the logistics of booking a ride and finding them at the port.

And random safety tip - if you do decide to take your own car, do not leave your garage door opener and anything that has your address on it in the car. Yes, the port parking area is extremely safe but you just never know. Call me paranoid but you are leaving your car in a place that isn’t your home for many days.

Check with the hotel you are staying at, maybe you can arrange to leave your car there & grab an Uber to the port and back.  We've done that a few times, and we live in NJ less than an hour form the port.  We book through Way.com at a local hotel then Uber each way.