Is Voom internet secure enough to check my emails?

Anders11

3 hours ago, Anders11 said:

I’m considering getting the Voom WiFi package but wasn’t sure what was safe or not safe to use it for.

Can I check my emails safely?

It's as safe as connecting to any other internet service that isn't in your home.  If you connect to Starbucks' free WiFi and check your email from there, then Voom is no different.  If you would never do something like that, then no Voom isn't safe enough for you.

I figured the VPN thing might pop up in the replies and I wanted to share my recent experience.

I have a VPN through Norton that is set to turn on whenever I connect to a public wifi. It connected as soon as I logged into the wifi onboard. For maybe the first 2 or 3 days, I had no real issues with my connection but by day 4 I couldn't use the app (i literally didn't think I was on the ship) and everything online was at a crawl. I finally got exasperated and turned the VPN off and things went back to normal.

It could have just been my provider causing the connection issues, but wanted to share in case you were thinking of going that route to check your email.