Bingo

8 hours ago, Wheeler825 said:

Bingo is a giant ripoff now.  In 2014 I remember it feeling like OK value to play.  Played in June on NOS  and it was like $59 a package and 3 short games... def not worth it.

It's for sure a ripoff if you lose, like me!  🙂  I will share that there was a $2,000 winner on our last sailing for one game - I'm sure that person didn't think it was a ripoff.  

That was on Wonder and I don't care for the bingo set up in the Royal Theatre.  It is really hard to play on your lap; I've much preferred playing on smaller ships when it's hosted in the Star Lounge.  In fact, we would have played each day it was offered on Wonder, except once we realized we were sitting in the rowed seating, we decided we weren't going back.  Bingo is definitely something we enjoy doing and at least will play once.  Also, since it's 4 of us, I try to factor out the per person price just to make myself feel better about the cost.  

I used to play Bingo once on a 7 day cruise.  They offer a cheaper version of the paper sheets but a higher priced package includes the sheets and an electronic device that plays additional games for you.  Each Bingo session there are 3 winners and I have noted that every winner I have seen won on the electronic device, nobody won using the paper sheets.  

Bring your own highlighter or pen as they will sell you a dauber for a few dollars but I am afraid that they would leak so I bring a highlighter.  On our cruise in April I won the first round and received a paper receipt for just over $400.  They instructed me that the credit will be placed on our account and the second to the last day  just go to customer service to get the cash.  **Beware that when the electronic device showed I was a winner it made no noise.  It only flashed on the screen "WINNER" but if it hadn't been flashing I wouldn't have noticed.  The next round won just over $500 and the last round was over $800.

I was lucky. the first time I played (it was also my bday. Was able to get the 'cover all' won a free cruise. though there were a lot of restrictions. Only could book a month out, interior cabin, & and of course being a month out and had to fly - air fare wasn't cheap. Haven't since. That was almost 20 year ago🤣