Oasis of the Seas Solarium Bistro August 20-27 closed for private party

Civins

The August 20th sailing on Oasis OTS is a "Fresh Kosher Week Sailing". The Solarium Bistro will be available only for those that purchased the Kosher dining package.

@Ampurp85and I were on the Oasis this past January during "Yeshiva week" The Solarium Bistro was not available to those that did not purchase the same package.

Royal does not do a great job of passing this info on to TA's never mind the general cruising public. It's a nice venue, but not the reason I sail on the Oasis.

There are Plenty of alternative dining venues, don't get too focused on one being un-available. Hope you enjoy your cruise and welcome to the boards.

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

This can and will happen. I sail (ed) when there is a larger population of Jewish pax. The Bistro on Oasis class was closed for the entire week I sailed, in order to be turned into a kosher restaurant. If the money is right, they will close it down to be used privately.

I had this experience as well. Unfortunately this resulted in a LOT of children shouting and running around through the solarium around meal times.

2 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

What's the best way to find out if your cruise will be impacted by one of these closures? I respect the right of the individuals, but just trying to prepare myself and not have any surprises. 

Unfortunately they don't have a simple easy to find closures list like Disney Parks and Resorts list online. It would be a nice improvement for Royal Caribbean.

38 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

What's the best way to find out if your cruise will be impacted by one of these closures? I respect the right of the individuals, but just trying to prepare myself and not have any surprises. 

Google the ship name and dates of your cruise to see if you can find anything.  It's always possible a group will rent a specific venue for a private event (wedding/reunion/corporate event/etc) for a specific time frame or the length of the cruise.  It's also possible a large group has bought a partial charter of the ship in which case several venues may be unavailable.  It's not common but does happen.

Generally, these things affect specific ships on specific sailings.  For the example in this thread, a Jewish group has arranged for the Bistro to be a Kosher restaurant for the duration of the Aug 20 sailing on Oasis which almost certainly coincides with a major Jewish holiday but this does not effect the entire fleet.