Dining

Erin A

4 hours ago, Erin A said:

Is the additional dining option worth it? I am traveling with my husband and our 2 children (17 & 20) plus their friends. 

100% personal preference. Food opinions are very subjective.

Perhaps if you asked about something more specific (like a particular venue) you could gather some reviews but, again, those will likely run the gamut for the aforementioned reason.

I would say that if this is your first cruise, I would recommend you try the included food.  If you've cruised plenty and have a feeling that the MDR is not your things, then move to some specialty dining.  Sounds like you have a party of at least 6, so there will be a decent cost to doing the specialty.  If that cost is in your budget, I have always enjoyed the specialty dining that we do and never felt it to not be worth the cost.  We really like MDR too so maybe we're just easy to please.

17 hours ago, Erin A said:

Is the additional dining option worth it? I am traveling with my husband and our 2 children (17 & 20) plus their friends. 

If you want to try the specialty dining, I'd suggest a single lunch you can book in Cruise Planner.  You would be able to book your time in advance rather than waiting until you are on the ship, which is always a hassle day 1.  Then I'd put the other $$ into excursions.  We have had great lunches at Chops and Jamie's at about one-half the price of dinner.  We have always enjoyed the meals at MDR except for excessive waiting with My Time Dining.  However, we haven't tried the new menu yet.